1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For those who smoke.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Slavik, May 24, 2013.

1. Slavik

Slavik XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Below is from one of my colleagues. I don't ever preach what people can or can't do. If you want to smoke, go nuts, its your body not mine.

But take a look at this...

919506_10201073691701358_2096092432_o.jpg

474130_10201073691661357_1821210925_o.jpg

981564_10201073691781360_42806711_o.jpg

2. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

That's nothing.

I've seen MUCH worse in my days as a PC tech.

That's purely just smoke and nicotine in there. Dust wise, not too bad.

The worst ones are from a house that's full of dust and who smoke.

Gigantic nicotine dust bunnies and it's just caked everywhere. Disgusting.

Glad I quit 4 years ago.

3. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

I'm guessing you forgot about the 8 cats? ;)

Dan and jmurrayhead like this.
  4. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

Oh yeah, that too :)

5. D.O.A.

D.O.A. Well-Known Member

My lungs must look like that. Maybe the whirring noise I hear in the morning is the fan.

6. Sheratan

Sheratan Well-Known Member

Asus FTW.

On topic: Glad I'm not smoke.

7. SneakyDave

SneakyDave Well-Known Member

Worst thing I ever smelled inside a PC, was all that sticky smoke/tar/crap from a pack-a-day smoker.

8. MagnusB

MagnusB Well-Known Member

If you think that is bad, you should visit my neighbours apartment. Last time I was there, for five minutes, I smelled like cigarettes when I left it. And he wasn't smoking while I was in there....

9. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

I am not a smoker. I do smoke approximatly 3 cigars or cigarettes a year.

I like Djarum Black (clove cigar), Black n Mild and Newports.

I never smoke in my house or around people who don't smoke.

I must stress again, at least three cigarettes or cigars a year.

That means I'll buy a pack, smoke one or two then throw the rest away.

I guess I have high nicotine resistance cause for me, its not a big deal.

I feel sorry for those who have nicotine addiction. It can be a really disgusting habit.

Ewww @ all that sticky crap. Thats really disgusting but you know what?

For about two years I was a measurer for Home Depot and I had to go to people's houses to measure the space for cabinetry. Mostly in kitchens and bathrooms. Everyonce in awhile I'd have to move furniture and appliances. Stoves and fridges were sticky. One day I had to measure a kitchen whose entire surface was sticky. Walls and everything. Yes they were smokers and this same color of brown film was on everything just like in the first pic. I had no idea that crap was nicotine and smoke buildup. This is really disgusting. I always knew that smokers houses had walls that were slighty browner and stinkier but the reason they were sticky eluded me. Now I know.

I used to work at club la vela ( www.clublavela.com ) in Panama City Beach, Fl as a bouncer part time when I working as a measurer full time. Man it was the perfect night job. Club La Vela is the largest night club in the United States and one of the major Spring Break spots world. MTV filmed there, I met a lot of celebs and was on TV myself. It was cool. The number one thing that sucked tho is that people would bring their nasty diseases and cold or flu viruses at the club all the time. I wish sick people would stay their ass home or at the hotel. People would try to shake my hand sometimes and I refused to do so majority of the time and would offer daps instead then use hand sanitizer afterwards. The hand sanitizer was not enough and I would still get sick.

Is it possible that sticky nicotine smoke would transfer their viruses to another person through the air?

I know this is a crazy hypothesis but this thread taught me lot about nicotine smoke and I'm heavily suspecting that cold germs and viruses get lodged into that stickiness which may explain why smokers that I know are always getting sick.

10. Sheratan

This Djarum Black?

[​IMG]

11. Neal

Neal Well-Known Member

I smoke but my computer is amazingly clean :)

My lungs however....

12. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Yeah. I smoke a pack in a span of a day or two and coughed up blood once.

I may have been already sick at the time, I don't know. It was when I worked at the club.

I'm healthy and rarely get sick though. Probably cause I'm not a smoker.

Djarum Black is the bomb though. I smoke one and it calms my nerves.

I also won't smell like cigarettes an hour later.

13. CyclingTribe

CyclingTribe Well-Known Member

Mouse pee killed one of the stock-room servers at the recycling company I used to work for.

They'd nested on top of the PSU and shorted it out one evening by tinkling on it ... :eek:

It was chock-full of droppings in the bottom of the case - must have taken them months to build up enough tinkle-juice to kill it. :ROFLMAO:

14. Sheratan

Wow. I always thought you cant buy Djarum Black outside my country... :LOL:

15. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

United States outlawed it for awhile but changed their mind and said it can now only be sold as a cigar instead of as a cigarette.

16. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

When I was in the military I encountered a lot of that in old cabinets. Freaking disgusting man.

17. Brandon Sheley

Brandon Sheley Well-Known Member

I concur

18. Slavik

Slavik XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Yes, i've seen and worked on considerably worse. However this is 365 days after being cleaned to new. So is a bit more unique in it has a bit more of a reference point and timeframe to compare with. Thats what 1 year under the desk of a smoker accumulates.

We had someone bring a working PC in for a check up (running slow).

Opened the side up to find a rat nesting in it. Squeezing in and out through a gap of a missing backplate slot.

Have also had someones "missing" dead pet snake aswell...

CyclingTribe likes this.
  19. Andy.N

Andy.N Well-Known Member

I don't envy your job at all.

20. Sheldon

Sheldon Well-Known Member

I smoke.

I'll never quit.

I was raised to never quit something you start.

Dan, Neal and Mrs.T like this.