For Mike.

wi11ie

Uploaded all in upload folder to xen folder on server. Modified the config.php file went to browser, typed in www.xxxxxx.com/xen/install like in instruction and got

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'Zend/Controller/Request/Abstract.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/home/xxxxxx/php') in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/xen/library/Zend/Controller/Request/Http.php on line 1065

Abstract.php is in the uploaded
Controller/Request folder

Any Ideas ??

wi11ie, Yesterday at 8:22 PM Edit Report
#1 Reply
#
Mike XenForo Developer

Looks like your include path didn't change. I also see a specific value for the include path that applies to your site.

This likely means that it was set via php_admin_value by your host. Please contact them, as this is a server misconfiguration. (The include path should be set by php_value.)

Well I can't say there's nothing else it could be, but I do see them setting the include_path to an area in your home directory, and that generally indicates that they're setting it in the vhost config.

I suppose you could upload the contents of the library/Zend directory into /home/xxx/php/Zend and that would likely workaround it.

Dont get me wrong i agree it is a server problem but if some-one else has the same problem as me and they run xenforo-requirements-test its going to say the server is ok when it isnt if you get what i mean :)

OK lets try that, uploading now but a good job for tomorrow run install to see if it works:)

Do i need to delete Zend out of the library folder or rename it?

Hi Mike
I received this from my host

Please accept my apologies for the delay. We had a few issues trying to figure out what was wrong. It seems to us that there is a flaw in the script. We have had to manually edit a few of the php files from the script in order to remove the errors. We have included the exact path of the script in the php files. This is a small work around but I suggest that the people who create the script look in to how they include files in their php scripts. It would be much simpler for them to use exact paths.

At least now the install starts and gets as far as asking me for database details

MySQL Server: localhost
MySQL Port:3306

asks for
MySQL User Name:

MySQL Password:

MySQL Database Name

which i put in and then i hit the test and generate configuration and it crashes

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/home/xxxxx/php') in /home/xxxxx/public_html/Zen/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php on line 550

That approach really isn't going to work as the next time you upgrade, the files will be overwritten.

Can you ask your host to clarify exactly what it is they edited?

They probably just hardcoded the path into one single Zend Framework file. This is actually an issue within Zend Framework and it's in virtually every ZF file, so it's not something we can really change.

It certainly wouldn't be easier to use exact paths anyway, as this is installed on infinite server setups and OSes.

If you can't get it working on your host, then we should be able to give you a refund if that's what you want to do.

Now that's weird cause i re uploaded the files as they were doing what ever they were doing or after they had done it because i hadnt had an answer from them
i even put it in a different directory. Yet it started ???

Attachments

• Start.webp
    Start.webp
    26.8 KB · Views: 9
When i mentioned that xenforo is working on hundreds of servers around the world, they decided they will work on the server :):)

Mike. I really would like to see it work rather that get a refund. That would be be the last resort. :)
Its a nice forum. i like it, i like the ease with which it can be oerated and the functions it has :):)

Good to hear the host is willing to make some changes.
Hopefully they can make it possible for you to be able to install the software.

Either that or your last option is to move to another host...

Hi Fellas. This is from my host

I have been looking in to this and I can't see what it is we are supposed to be changing our end. Is there any information which they have provided you with?

If you could ask them to give me some instructions as to what exactly needs to be changed.

Hi Mike. He replied

That was set to php_admin_value I have now changed that to php_value and have restarted apache. If you could please try and use it again and see if it works now that would be great.

Still the same problem
Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/home/wiiecom/php') in /home/wiiecom/public_html/Zen/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php on line 550

Top Bottom