1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Footer ALWAYS at bottom?

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by steven s, Jan 28, 2012.

1. steven s

steven s Well-Known Member

Any way to make the footer always appear at the bottom of the screen not the page when the page doesn't fill the entire screen?

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

A quick and easy fix is to set a min-height in Style Properties -> General -> Content -> Miscellaneous

3. steven s

Interesting effect but I probably didn't explain what I want to do properly.
    When the page does not require s vertical scroll bar, I'd like the grass in the footer to be at the bottom rather than having all that white space below as in the image towards the top.

screen.png

4. Brogan

5. steven s

Certainly will! :)
    Thanx!

6. steven s

Great start.
    For starters I copied all the css code to EXTRA.css

In PAGE_CONTAINER
    above <xen:hook name="body"> added <div class="wrapper">
    above <footer> added <div class="push"></div></div>

demo: http://www.bronxroots.com/error

Now I need to tweak the css so there is no vertical scroll bar and remove unnecessary css.

7. Brogan

There's a superfluous "a" in your notice: We may be a new but we've been waiting for you!

steven s likes this.
  8. 3c

3c Active Member

Nice header with the opaque menu!

9. steven s

Thanks. It's subjective. I can find posts here from people who hate it. :)

10. 3c

3c Active Member

eh...that's just human nature. Put 5 people in a round room and you'll come out with 4 opinions and at least one really bad idea....LOL

I just thought it looked cool. Although, I thought the header and footer were interesting combo...