Food Pr0n - Fantasia revisited.

image.webp

Full English pancake ;) yummy!

Normally on Saturday morning I head over to the German butcher and pick up my week's worth of supplies. Sunday mornings consist of a traditional Bavarian breakfast short of the pretzel though as there isn't anyone around that makes them fresh near me. Maybe I should make them myself.

weisswurst932}.webp

View attachment 41699

Full English pancake ;) yummy!

Wowsers, Do I have this right, that is a "full English" fried breakfast, IN a pancake? Never seen that before :D Did you make it, or is it a cafe meal?

Normally on Saturday morning I head over to the German butcher and pick up my week's worth of supplies. Sunday mornings consist of a traditional Bavarian breakfast short of the pretzel though as there isn't anyone around that makes them fresh near me. Maybe I should make them myself.

View attachment 41723

I have never made pretzels, but one of my teachers at College is German and he trained there, he makes them all the time, must ask him how to do it... I know it involves using Caustic Soda (lye) :o

We used to have a German bakery near to where I lived, and they made the most divine breads and Warm jam filled doughnuts ... oh YUM!

I am wondering what all you guys (besides Jake who is obviously on a blackberry-diet :D) are doing in order to stay slim ? :cautious:

I need to get rid of my belly :eek:

I am wondering what all you guys (besides Jake who is obviously on a blackberry-diet :D) are doing in order to stay slim ? :cautious:

I need to get rid of my belly :eek:

I can't say for anyone else, but I am on a weight loss program, I eat a fairly strict Calorie controlled diet, you will notice that my day to day meals are healthy, low calorie and fairly small, they also contain very little salt and sugar, but you can't see that :p. That is one reason I love sharing them with you all, I think it's good to see healthy light meals that you can use to lose weight or for regular eating, hopefully it might inspire!

When I get my food forum up, we will be discussing low cal (as well as others) recipes etc, so anyone who wants some ideas for weight loss or for just regular healthy eating can get that inspiration!

The cakes and things I make either I don't actually eat them, or they have to be deducted from my daily calorie allowance, this last weekend I didn't watch what I was eating, and ended up putting on a little, which is now coming off, but that is why I have to watch it constantly, or if I want to have fun - make a conscious decision not to watch it! Once you start it's surprising what you can eat, even when trying to lose some weight!

That is one reason I love sharing them with you all, I think it's good to see healthy light meals that you can use to lose weight or for regular eating, hopefully it might inspire!

hope to also see some recipes (how to do it) from you.... maybe we can even download your recipes from the Resource-Manager ? ;)

Pho is just some rice noodles & meat; what is there not to like?
Because the broth generally isn't any good, the spices aren't a good combination for a mostly savory dish, they fill it with a ton of cilantro, and a lot of the time you're expected to add additional sauces to add much needed flavor.

I've only had one Pho I liked, and it was closer to ramen (Was made by my ex's grandmother who was Vietnamese and Japanese).

I'll take amazing ramen or udon anyday:

Tonkatsu Ramen:
l.jpg

Tempura Ramen:
l.jpg

Because the broth generally isn't any good, the spices aren't a good combination for a mostly savory dish, they fill it with a ton of cilantro, and a lot of the time you're expected to add additional sauces to add much needed flavor.

I've only had one Pho I liked, and it was closer to ramen (Was made by my ex's grandmother who was Vietnamese and Japanese).

I'll take amazing ramen or udon anyday:

Tonkatsu Ramen:
l.jpg

Tempura Ramen:
l.jpg

YUM! I love Japanese food! MMmm

I'ma make you make me that if I get to LA :p

YUM! I love Japanese food! MMmm

I'ma make you make me that if I get to LA :p
I don't usually make my own ramen/udon, instead I go to these places:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/hakata-ramen-shin-sen-gumi-los-angeles
http://www.yelp.com/biz/daikokuya-los-angeles
http://www.yelp.com/biz/otomisan-restaurant-los-angeles

I mostly prefer Daikokuya (the ramen picture I posted) and Otomisan (it's closer and is more home-style, and does the Tempura udon I posted).

I might go get Otomisan in a little while actually :p.

I don't usually make my own ramen/udon, instead I go to these places:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/hakata-ramen-shin-sen-gumi-los-angeles
http://www.yelp.com/biz/daikokuya-los-angeles
http://www.yelp.com/biz/otomisan-restaurant-los-angeles

I mostly prefer Daikokuya (the ramen picture I posted) and Otomisan (it's closer and is more home-style, and does the Tempura udon I posted).

I might go get Otomisan in a little while actually :p.

LOL so long as I am not cooking I don't care :p hehhee

They all look great! :D We used to love going out to Japanese in the city, but here in the boonies, there are very few restaurant options of any kind! Not to a standard I would bother paying money for, and certainly no Japanese, other than a few Sushi places, one of which is not bad.

LOL so long as I am not cooking I don't care :p hehhee

They all look great! :D We used to love going out to Japanese in the city, but here in the boonies, there are very few restaurant options of any kind! Not to a standard I would bother paying money for, and certainly no Japanese, other than a few Sushi places, one of which is not bad.
I'm extremely picky about what sushi and ramen I'll eat... I'll eat instant ramen and store-bought bulk sushi before I'll eat at a lot of places just because at least I'll know how bad the quality of what I'm eating is :p.

Wowsers, Do I have this right, that is a "full English" fried breakfast, IN a pancake? Never seen that before :D Did you make it, or is it a cafe meal?

I have never made pretzels, but one of my teachers at College is German and he trained there, he makes them all the time, must ask him how to do it... I know it involves using Caustic Soda (lye) :o

We used to have a German bakery near to where I lived, and they made the most divine breads and Warm jam filled doughnuts ... oh YUM!

Yep, a full English breakfast in a pancake :D restyraunt made but I'm gunna have a go when I get home from my holiday :)

Yep, a full English breakfast in a pancake :D restyraunt made but I'm gunna have a go when I get home from my holiday :)

Gosh, never heard of that! ;) :D Not sure I would like it TBH! :cautious:

Here's why you don't transport a freshly baked, but not yet set Lemon Meringue pie in the back of your car for the hour drive home....

busted_lemon_meringue.webp

Top Bottom