Food Pr0n - Fantasia revisited.

*cringes* I'm bulking at the thought of the raw egg diet. :sick:

"bulking" LOL hahaha best pun of the day!

I have to deal with a lot of raw eggs, and the thought of drinking one raw seriously makes me want to hurl, the smell of raw eggs is enough to set me off sometimes :p

"bulking" LOL hahaha best pun of the day!

I have to deal with a lot of raw eggs, and the thought of drinking one raw seriously makes me want to hurl, the smell of raw eggs is enough to set me off sometimes :p

haha I know exactly how you feel. Raw eggs don't put me off but eating/drinking them, no way, never again. Not in this life time. :D I'll stick with something safer like parachuting (minus the parachute) from 100,000 ft off a plane than try raw eggs again.

Thank goodness for that! Eggs are for scrambling softly with some fresh herbs or some smoked salmon, or for poaching and sitting atop a slice of sourdough, with spinach or ham, swathed in a fresh light hollandaise, for boldly doing the flamenco in a fiesty huevos rancheros, or for a delicious quiche lorraine or florentine...

...or best of all... for baking into a cake!

Thank goodness for that! Eggs are for scrambling softly with some fresh herbs or some smoked salmon, or for poaching and sitting atop a slice of sourdough, with spinach or ham, swathed in a fresh light hollandaise, for boldly doing the flamenco in a fiesty huevos rancheros, or for a delicious quiche lorraine or florentine...

...or best of all... for baking into a cake!
{shrug} I can summarize that... they are for being cooked and eaten. :)

I'm surprised you can eat poached egg... You don't even like runny yoke :p.

Very true, and I actually don't eat them - or if I do I cook the egg longer so it is set :p But I know most people love them! Eggs benedict seems to be hugely popular as a breakfast treat! The Hubster will do almost anything for Eggs Benedict lol.

Not for me though the runny egg, in this I know I almost have to hand in my Foodie card, overcooked eggs being considered by most to be sacrilege! Although I do love the Hollandaise sauce! and huevos rancheros is so gooooood... mmmm yum yums!

Scrambled eggs for me most of the time though! :D

Shaun strikes me as a man of pastry rather than poetry, lol. God, I'm getting worse.

Ah the runny egg, some bad memories right there. :cowers:

LOL :D Actually I would take Pastry over Poetry most days too, so he's in the right place then! Pastry rules baby!

Strawberry Gateaux and latte art for afternoon tea... mmmmm

strawberry_gateaux.webp

OK... I didn't really have this today, that was just wishful thinking on my part! I made this cake at College a few weeks ago and brought it home to photograph, but of course I had to try it, and it was divine! :D

I would rather have yours, personally ;)

:D yeah it was pretty good I have to say! No sign of Autumn here yet, looking forward to it actually! But still salad weather for a while yet I think!

With all the cakes and so on that I have to make now, the rest of my eating tends to be very healthy :p Unless I am being particularly naughty :sneaky:

BTW.. the Xenforo celebration cake is still going :D didn't get it finished today, waiting for a few things to dry/set before I can assemble it.

Tomorrow should be the day!

Dinner tonight - XenCake :p

No, not really :D

You really do get sick of sweet things when you are around them all day - I had a major broccoli craving tonight, but didn't have any, so that will have to be put off until tomorrow.

Had a nice simple cheese zucchini and spinach omlette - sometimes the simple things are the best!

omlette.webp

So what is no one eating anything around here any more... you all turning into Bikini models and eating tissues!

So what is no one eating anything around here any more... you all turning into Bikini models and eating tissues!
Compared to the healthy stuff being posted, some of us likely wouldn't want to post what we're eating! :X3:

(Breaded chicken tenders with gravy, garlic mashed potatoes with bacon bits, corn niblets in a butter sauce. I'll have to post on Wednesday nights instead; that is our 'Salad Night' for dinner.)

Top Bottom