Food Pr0n - Fantasia revisited.

Compared to the healthy stuff being posted, some of us likely wouldn't want to post what we're eating! :X3:

(Breaded chicken tenders with gravy, garlic mashed potatoes with bacon bits, corn niblets in a butter sauce. I'll have to post on Wednesday nights instead; that is our 'Salad Night' for dinner.)

LOL don't mind me.. I am just being very good at the moment, due to being very Bad :sneaky: with cakes and other unbelievably yummy baked goodness!

Training to be a pastryChef is very hard work on the diet :p

Your dinner sounds really delicious though Kevin, I am very envious! :D

I had home made 'pulled pork' and cole slaw last night. I
I have place pulled pork in quotes because I don't bbq it it or cook it like normal pulled pork is done?
I actually was making tamales one day and I thought GEE this would make an awesome sandwich... like a PULLED PORK SANDWICH *the bulb went on*.
Next day I did the same thing with the pork and it tasted great. Not smokey like a BBQ, but it was juicy and decent. Only required a 1/4 of the work for a real pulled pork lol.

I wish I had taken a photo but my hunger took the best of me.

Tonight my wifey is making beef potato tacos. Maybe I'll post some pics of that.

I had home made 'pulled pork' and cole slaw last night. I
I have place pulled pork in quotes because I don't bbq it it or cook it like normal pulled pork is done?
I actually was making tamales one day and I thought GEE this would make an awesome sandwich... like a PULLED PORK SANDWICH *the bulb went on*.
Next day I did the same thing with the pork and it tasted great. Not smokey like a BBQ, but it was juicy and decent. Only required a 1/4 of the work for a real pulled pork lol.

I wish I had taken a photo but my hunger took the best of me.

Tonight my wifey is making beef potato tacos. Maybe I'll post some pics of that.

That sounds delicious! I love pulled pork - but it does take ages, and you have to fire up the BBQ etc etc :D How did you actually cook the pork?

Would love to see your tacos, hopefully you remember!

Haha well I cooked it like I cook my tamale meat.
I use pork butt or shoulder? I can't remember which one, but I think either one will work...
Nothing fancy!

*I'm not a trained cook so forgive me for the following*

One onion chopped
2 cloves or garlic (I enjoy garlic) crushed
Tbsp of Olive Oil
Some salt and pepper (just eye it?)

I get a pan with an edge that's high enough to cover the meat in water.
Heat that pan up, add the oil, add the chopped onion and add the garlic. I let it cook to 'flavor' the pan.
I cut the pork down into fist sized chunks and salt/pepper each piece, then sear(?) each side in the hot pan... to lock in the flavor of the pork?

I add just enough water to the pan to cover the pork. Put a lid on it and let it cook on medium to low.

Basically I cook the pork until it falls apart... time depends on how much and how large your cuts were. I don't get fancy with cuts since it's going to be shredded.

If you look up most pork tamale recipes, that's how i cook my pork >.>

Then I just get some generic BBQ sauce and mix it in. Toast some hamburger buns. Dish out some slaw and I'm content. Maybe even some lays potato chips.

Otherwise I think I take a min of 4 hours on the BBQ for a legit pulled pork. I just don't have time or patience for that.

Haha well I cooked it like I cook my tamale meat.
I use pork butt or shoulder? I can't remember which one, but I think either one will work...
Nothing fancy!

*I'm not a trained cook so forgive me for the following*

One onion chopped
2 cloves or garlic (I enjoy garlic) crushed
Tbsp of Olive Oil
Some salt and pepper (just eye it?)

I get a pan with an edge that's high enough to cover the meat in water.
Heat that pan up, add the oil, add the chopped onion and add the garlic. I let it cook to 'flavor' the pan.
I cut the pork down into fist sized chunks and salt/pepper each piece, then sear(?) each side in the hot pan... to lock in the flavor of the pork?

I add just enough water to the pan to cover the pork. Put a lid on it and let it cook on medium to low.

Basically I cook the pork until it falls apart... time depends on how much and how large your cuts were. I don't get fancy with cuts since it's going to be shredded.

If you look up most pork tamale recipes, that's how i cook my pork >.>

Then I just get some generic BBQ sauce and mix it in. Toast some hamburger buns. Dish out some slaw and I'm content. Maybe even some lays potato chips.

Otherwise I think I take a min of 4 hours on the BBQ for a legit pulled pork. I just don't have time or patience for that.

Thanks for the recipe, I will try that when there is more than just me to eat it :D hehe

I have never had Tamale - we don't have a lot of good Mexican food here in Australia, we tend to eat a lot more Asian food I guess.... American friends who have been here tell me our Mexican food is rubbish LOL they are probably right!!!

We usually leave a pork leg slow roasting for hours in the BBQ to get pulled pork, it is a big production, would be nice to have a quicker way of doing it :D

Here, by popular demand, is a pic of Lobster Tempura Roll from my favorite local sushi joint- Singo Sushi!
IMG_2609.webp

And this is last nights roast pork loin...I started with a salt and pepper rub, thyme, and garlic then covered it with a "special sauce" (which is molasses, maple syrup, mustard powder, ketchup, chopped onion and more garlic). Then, place rosemary between the two loins, tie it all off, wrap in foil, and cook at 350 deg for 2 hours. Of course, let it rest about 5-10 minutes. Comes out super tender, with a sweet/spicy light glaze cooked all the way around.

IMG_2610.webp

Any after pictures? That sounds lovely. I'm making chilli chicken with mozzarella for tea tomorrow night. Yummy.

If I remember I will take photos, no promises though as I am useless ;)

Here, by popular demand, is a pic of Lobster Tempura Roll from my favorite local sushi joint- Singo Sushi!View attachment 41391

Wowsers that looks good :D I would love that!

And this is last nights roast pork loin...I started with a salt and pepper rub, thyme, and garlic then covered it with a "special sauce" (which is molasses, maple syrup, mustard powder, ketchup, chopped onion and more garlic). Then, place rosemary between the two loins, tie it all off, wrap in foil, and cook at 350 deg for 2 hours. Of course, let it rest about 5-10 minutes. Comes out super tender, with a sweet/spicy light glaze cooked all the way around.

View attachment 41392

Sounds utterly divine, I love pork! The way it is trussed up there kind of reminds me of how I do beef as well, but I must try this with Pork, we mostly do pork belly which I love, but this loin looks so good, must try it, thanks for sharing!

Here is a the beef I did this way at Christmas ... no sauce, but very similar otherwise, I totally trim the meat of fat, sandwich garlic and herbs (usually rosemary, fresh bay leaves and Thyme) into it, put more herbs on top, truss it up, rub all over with Olive Oil and then roast it to rare, rest for an hour covered and it is the most delicious beef! Nom nom nom..

beef_trussed.webp

Mmmmm Chicken Pot pie! That looks great too :D

You're obviously a great cook jadmperry! Do you cook frequently, or just occassionally?

Any after pictures? That sounds lovely. I'm making chilli chicken with mozzarella for tea tomorrow night. Yummy.

If I remember I will take photos, no promises though as I am useless ;)

Photos... photos photos!!!! :p

I am making pizzas tonight, will try to remember to get photos too!

Currently got multi grain bread dough raising, will be making a loaf later today, I have family to stay tonight, so it should be fun, lots of eating and no doubt a spot of drinking too!!

I love to cook....how often I get to depends on work. I probably average 2-3 nights a week. Sometimes, if I am way busy, I will not cook for a week or ten days. This winter has been tough with a lot of storms and a few days where we were snowed in, so that was more opportunities for me to cook. I am working on a beef stew tonight!

Wowsers that looks good :D I would love that!

Sounds utterly divine, I love pork! The way it is trussed up there kind of reminds me of how I do beef as well, but I must try this with Pork, we mostly do pork belly which I love, but this loin looks so good, must try it, thanks for sharing!

Here is a the beef I did this way at Christmas ... no sauce, but very similar otherwise, I totally trim the meat of fat, sandwich garlic and herbs (usually rosemary, fresh bay leaves and Thyme) into it, put more herbs on top, truss it up, rub all over with Olive Oil and then roast it to rare, rest for an hour covered and it is the most delicious beef! Nom nom nom..

View attachment 41397

Mmmmm Chicken Pot pie! That looks great too :D

You're obviously a great cook jadmperry! Do you cook frequently, or just occassionally?

Photos... photos photos!!!! :p

I am making pizzas tonight, will try to remember to get photos too!

Currently got multi grain bread dough raising, will be making a loaf later today, I have family to stay tonight, so it should be fun, lots of eating and no doubt a spot of drinking too!!

I thought you weren't doing Pizza Night as much anymore?

I thought you weren't doing Pizza Night as much anymore?

I'm not, with being just me and my son (and we don't share tastes in pizza) it's not really a good option making them, but as I have family here for the night, it is a good excuse to make some yummy ones! We are going to have a smoked salmon and prawn (shrimp) one - not sure what else, but probably a bacon based one too! mmmm pizza! Seems like ages since I made pizza, I am looking forward to them!

I love to cook....how often I get to depends on work. I probably average 2-3 nights a week. Sometimes, if I am way busy, I will not cook for a week or ten days. This winter has been tough with a lot of storms and a few days where we were snowed in, so that was more opportunities for me to cook. I am working on a beef stew tonight!

Good stuff! :D Get pics of your beef stew if you remember! ;)

Very hard to imagine living in a place where you get snowed in lol, I guess it makes life quite hard during Winter!

Well I made pizzas last night, bacon and ham for my son, for the adults we had a pesto and cheese and a smoked salmon and Prawn, they were very good, but alas I forgot to get photos.. might have been something to do with the several glasses of pink champagne I had before making them :p

So here's one I made earlier :p It looked a lot like this! :D

salmon_prawn_pizza.webp

Well I made pizzas last night, bacon and ham for my son, for the adults we had a pesto and cheese and a smoked salmon and Prawn, they were very good, but alas I forgot to get photos.. might have been something to do with the several glasses of pink champagne I had before making them :p

So here's one I made earlier :p It looked a lot like this! :D

View attachment 41470
My tummy is grumbling...:(

:p

Top Bottom