Food Pr0n - Fantasia revisited.

If she's ever in the US she's already required to bake cakes for me (y).
Don't worry, if she comes I'll host a "XF Foodies" gathering. Come as you are, bring some swim trunks and a healthy appetite.

Oh, and it'll have to be a BYOB, the Mrs. & I aren't drinkers so there is normally no alcohol in the house.

Yeah, I cook pretty much every night of the week. I love it, so the wife hardly gets a look in :p I'm sure she isn't complaining though. Hahaha.

That's great to hear Lee :D love hearing of men that cook, and it looks like you do it well!

BLT is my favourite sandwich, on sourdough or artisan bread with BBQ sauce and good quality mayo! Yum!

*cries* Kim needs to be renamed to "Kim The Tormentor".

haha.. erm sorry about that :p

I'll have a new update for this thread after dinner tonight.

I have three choices;

1. Chilli Con Carne
  2. Beef Thai Stir-fry
Or the very british, lazy;

1. Fish Fingers and Chips!
What does everyone think? :)

Thai beef stir fry!

My wife & I over the past few years have unintentionally switched our diet from less red meat to more fish & chicken and that blackened salmon over vegetables looks darn good! :love: Last night we had tilapia, during this week it'll be mahi mahi.

I... I never really thought of myself as a "Cake Perv" before but now, now that you've put a name to it, I may very well be one! o_O

I come across so few orange based deserts that they always catch my attention. In the region where I'm at, for citrus deserts, lemon is the dominant selection followed by lime. If you ever find yourself in the NE USA, bring an orange torte! :D

I absolutely LOVE fish Kevin, would eat it every night if I had access to a brilliantly fresh supply! I think I need a fisherman in my life :p

hehehe, we're all Cake Pervs at heart :p

Lemon and Lime are really lovely in desserts too, this is one of the few orange based desserts I make too, more so over the last 8 years as hubby developed an allergy to them 8 years ago! But he isn't here now, so it's an Orange fest :D

If she's ever in the US she's already required to bake cakes for me (y).

Sounds like I am going to have to do a cake baking tour of the US if I ever get there :p

Don't worry, if she comes I'll host a "XF Foodies" gathering. Come as you are, bring some swim trunks and a healthy appetite.

Oh, and it'll have to be a BYOB, the Mrs. & I aren't drinkers so there is normally no alcohol in the house.

THAT would be so awesome :D

God I've missed this place

*nods* oh yeah! You and me both dear Doctor! :D Stick around, we've missed you!

Hrrrmmm... not what you are eating unfortunately. Do you need a roommate?

Hahaha... bit of a commute for you from here :p

Someone (not mentioning any names) suggested that I reboot the food Pr0n thread, as the last one was too long for newbies.. could be something in that, let's give it a whirl!

What have you just/will you/wish you were eating?

I just finished a very delicious little dinner of a piece of salmon on a bed of salad, it was scrum-diddly-umcious!

It wasn't this one... this one I cooked and ate

a few weeks ago.. but it was similar, sort of.. OK well it was salmon on salad - use your imagination :p

View attachment 41043

And... because this is a new kick off .. here's a bonus cake for you Cake Pervs out there.... don't say I never give you anything!

Orange Cointreau Torte I made a week or so ago.

View attachment 41044

I would love to hear what you are having to eat! Pics would be great too :D

The nightmare starts up again. I'm even starting threads like "did the RM receive an update" because I can't focus. - Texting from inside a crate in india en route to Australia.

The nightmare starts up again. I'm even starting threads like "did the RM receive an update" because I can't focus. - Texting from inside a crate in india en route to Australia.

When that crate gets here I ain't paying the freight ;) lol

Unless the delivery man takes Cake as payment of course!

here's a little bit of bread baking I did last week.

Loaf of White, loaf of Multi grain, Macadamia and caramel buns, and a sweet bun.

breads.webp

Loaf of White, loaf of Multi grain, Macadamia and caramel buns, and a sweet bun.
Add a crock of real butter to the table and I'd be able to give people a visual explanation as to my physique. Beer belly? No, fresh bread with butter, maybe a little olive oil to dip it in.

Top Bottom