Food Fantasia

Who wants a cupcake????

Little Butter cakes with Lemon buttercream icing/frosting.... I think they are called fairy cakes in the UK aren't they? I like these small and delicate, can't stand those enormous muffin sized ones, they should be dainty imho.

xf_cupcakes.jpg

Very nice... and I want one. :( If I print it out and eat the picture, would it get me anywhere? :p

Now I need to see if I have anything to make cupcakes with... unfortunately I've got no frosting so it's a far cry from what you have there.

Very nice... and I want one. :( If I print it out and eat the picture, would it get me anywhere? :p

Now I need to see if I have anything to make cupcakes with... unfortunately I've got no frosting so it's a far cry from what you have there.

LOL erm.. you could try that! Might be easier just to go and buy one if you one want one cupcake though :p

Awesome personalised fairy cakes :D I may have to dig out the (#1) fairy cakes Mrs Kier made years ago (well, photos of them anyway)

Notes:
A) (#1) is a reference explained in Alice's thread.
B) No innuendo intended in Dang, I really want to eat your cupcakes today!, Jethro :rolleyes:

Awesome personalised fairy cakes :D I may have to dig out the (#1) fairy cakes Mrs Kier made years ago (well, photos of them anyway)

Notes:
A) (#1) is a reference explained in Alice's thread.
B) No innuendo intended in Dang, I really want to eat your cupcakes today!, Jethro :rolleyes:

Yeah I would like to see them! these were just quick and fun, didn't make them too fancy, and my son had other kids over after school, so they are mostly gone now anyway LOL Don't worry though.. no one "ate" you .. I mooshed up the icing so those ones got pink swirls :p

And I got the #1 thing.. not that I think they are #1 or anywhere near there myself LOL

I also know you didn't intend any innuendo either :p

Tonight I was making my awesome (yes, modest aren't I) peri peri chicken and coconut savoury rice. I got as far as taking a pic of the chicken cooking away in the coconut milk, but then I was so hungry I forgot to take a pic of the finished dish!

So all I have to show is the chicken - which is rubbed in peri peri seasoning and dusted with oregano before being pan fried, then when it's almost done, half a can of coconut milk is added and reduced slightly.

IMG_1860.webp

The chicken is then removed and sliced.

IMG_1864.webp

Then that is added to the rice, which is:

Basmati rice, cooked in vegetable stock and coconut milk, to which is added lightly-fried sliced onions, yellow peppers and sweetcorn.

Delicious. Even if I did have a colossal failure in documenting how it's supposed to end up ;)

Tonight I was making my awesome (yes, modest aren't I) peri peri chicken and coconut savoury rice. I got as far as taking a pic of the chicken cooking away in the coconut milk, but then I was so hungry I forgot to take a pic of the finished dish!

So all I have to show is the chicken - which is rubbed in peri peri seasoning and dusted with oregano before being pan fried, then when it's almost done, half a can of coconut milk is added and reduced slightly.

View attachment 1706

The chicken is then removed and sliced.

View attachment 1707

Then that is added to the rice, which is:

Basmati rice, cooked in vegetable stock and coconut milk, to which is added lightly-fried sliced onions, yellow peppers and sweetcorn.

Delicious. Even if I did have a colossal failure in documenting how it's supposed to end up ;)

Yum! that looks delicious Kier, I love peri peri flavours! LOL re pic, I have done that before.

We had a really nice Curry last night, but I forgot to document it, or photograph it at all!

Looks delicious. :) But what is peri peri seasoning?

Looks delicious. :) But what is peri peri seasoning?

I was leaving this for Kier, but.. lol

peri peri (or piri piri) is a Portuguese (although originally African) spice blend with lots of chilli, garlic, lemon, ginger, very zingy, and very yummy if you like it hot and sppppppicy

Okay time to post something for the blokes who like to dabble without going Master Chef or anything.

mushroom_steak.webp

Fillet steak with a French mushroom sauce, royal blue jacket potato, and green beans.

That should ensure I have enough browny points in the bank to watch the Rugby on Saturday night without any issues ...

Top Bottom