Food Fantasia

Using a whisk breaks up the structure of the eggs too much and you end up losing a lot of the texture of the omelette.

Break eggs, season, beat with fork, fry. Simple.

Ham, cheese, onion and red chilli. Yum :)

Just make sure you beat the eggs with a fork, not a whisk.

I always seem to fail at omelettes, keep making them into scrambled eggs, as either I use too much liquid (either water or milk) or when I get to the bit where it starts solidifying in the pan, I just try too hard to keep it from sticking, in the process scrambling it all up. Either that or I see a big bubble and pop it which usually results in failure also.

I usually have Onions, Ham, and some Red Leicester cheese to add some colour. If we have peppers great, use those, but usually we dont :)

I always use the fork, not a whisk.

I've only ever used a fok to do that. What's so different with a whisk? :confused:
The eggs turn out "mushy" when beat with a whisk.There's no texture, just flat and bleh.
If you beat them with a fork, and don't overly beat them, the eggs are alot fluffier.

yay, i made it, and it's only a semi failure!

cookiekl1.jpg

I'd take a pic, but I ate it all.

I may make an omelette.

Omelettes are fantastic - the ultimate fast food! It is the first thing I taught my son to cook, he makes a pretty good one when he can be bothered!

Glad yours was so yummy it didn't last long enough for a photo :p

My hubby uses the damn whisk for scrambled eggs... eewwwww they lose so much structure.. but shhhh he thinks he is a star in the kitchen and I am not allowed to constructively critique his work!
giggle.gif

We just got back from a marathon Beach walk.... and what do you do half way through... why you stop at a cool beachside cafe for Fish and Chips of course!

terrigal_fishnchips.jpg

^ Damn that looks good.

I fancy some now but only one of the chippy's in town is open on a Sunday and they're the worst one.

Everything looks white and anemic and taste like... well I don't know but not very nice.

One of these days I'll think to bring my camera to the dinner table. Our schedules have been so crazy lately that we haven't actually sat down to a proper meal. But Friday evening we had fresh maple glazed salmon bbq'd on cedar planks, a tasty baby spinach salad, and some sort of fried veggie/potato mix with my wife's secret blend of spices. You can understand why the camera never entered my mind once that plate was served. :D

After a tiring day of shopping, I decided to give Seoul Garden buffet restaurant a try last night as it was just around the vicinity.

Upon entering the establishment it gave me an impression of a typical Taiwanese buffet joint. The process is easy, after being ushered to your table you can then go and grab whatever dish to your heart's desire, assorted meats, seafood, veggies and etc. Don’t be too greedy though because whatever you picked and can't finish you will be charged based on the weight of wastage. Drinks are separately billed while the whole dining cost $30 SGD per person.

I didn’t know you can’t take pictures inside the shop, I was happily snapping away upstairs and proceed to go down and snapped a few more until I was not to! Luckily they didn’t confiscate my camera :p Anyway, enjoy the photos below:

0.webp

a.webp

b.webp

c.webp

d.webp

^ Damn that looks good.

I fancy some now but only one of the chippy's in town is open on a Sunday and they're the worst one.

Everything looks white and anemic and taste like... well I don't know but not very nice.

It was really good, all in all too much though, next time we would only order the calamari and one serve of Fish Cocktails and chips, as between the 3 of us we left a heap of it! Dang re the chippy.. I know what you mean though, nothing worse than rubbish F & C's!

But Friday evening we had fresh maple glazed salmon bbq'd on cedar planks, a tasty baby spinach salad, and some sort of fried veggie/potato mix with my wife's secret blend of spices. You can understand why the camera never entered my mind once that plate was served. :D

OMG!!!! I would love love love that!!! Screw me cooking when we drop in for dinner in Sydney Nova Scotia.... we will bring presents to bribe your good lady wife to cook that for us!!!!!
After a tiring day of shopping, I decided to give Seoul Garden buffet restaurant a try last night as it was just around the vicinity.

Upon entering the establishment it gave me an impression of a typical Taiwanese buffet joint. The process is easy, after being ushered to your table you can then go and grab whatever dish to your heart's desire, assorted meats, seafood, veggies and etc. Don’t be too greedy though because whatever you picked and can't finish you will be charged based on the weight of wastage. Drinks are separately billed while the whole dining cost $30 SGD per person.

I didn’t know you can’t take pictures inside the shop, I was happily snapping away upstairs and proceed to go down and snapped a few more until I was not to! Luckily they didn’t confiscate my camera :p Anyway, enjoy the photos below:

Wow.. that's quite the array of options there!! All looks very yummy I must say, I hope you enjoyed it! Not sure I like the cook it yourself idea though :p I go out for a break from cooking lol

Wow.. that's quite the array of options there!! All looks very yummy I must say, I hope you enjoyed it!

The atmosphere is great, food is well laid out and beautifully displayed. The area to cook your food however is way too small! But, as for the taste I think it’s not up to my expectation :(

The atmosphere is great, food is well laid out and beautifully displayed. The area to cook your food however is way too small! But, as for the taste I think it’s not up to my expectation :(

That's a shame, it's so disappointing when things are all glitz and no substance.

Where abouts was that?

Just made poached eggs on toast as a very, very late breakfast... well I suppose it's more a late lunch now.

It doesn't look too good but damn it was nice.

(Sorry about the poor quality, my camera is out of batteries so I had to use the iPhone)

Attachments

• photo.webp
    photo.webp
    123.6 KB · Views: 23
Top Bottom