Food Fantasia

After a tiring day of shopping, I decided to give Seoul Garden buffet restaurant a try last night as it was just around the vicinity.

Upon entering the establishment it gave me an impression of a typical Taiwanese buffet joint. The process is easy, after being ushered to your table you can then go and grab whatever dish to your heart's desire, assorted meats, seafood, veggies and etc. Don’t be too greedy though because whatever you picked and can't finish you will be charged based on the weight of wastage. Drinks are separately billed while the whole dining cost $30 SGD per person.

I didn’t know you can’t take pictures inside the shop, I was happily snapping away upstairs and proceed to go down and snapped a few more until I was not to! Luckily they didn’t confiscate my camera :p Anyway, enjoy the photos below:

That looks awesome, I see a lot of seafood and a lot of food inside sauces, is that normal? I have no clue what Singapore cuisine is like :D

That looks awesome, I see a lot of seafood and a lot of food inside sauces, is that normal? I have no clue what Singapore cuisine is like :D
I thought that was Korean Cuisine ? Or were you asking about Sinapore cuisine in general? I have not tried it myself but then again I eat steak everyday as a side-dish pretty much so I fare I'm not as adventurous as yourself. I did however eat dinner with a TaeKwonDo champion's family (they are from Korea) at a members home in the states , have no clue what it was that I was eating , but the dish I did eat was delicious .

Brian , where are you exactly that you couldn't bring in a camera to take a picture? Just curious.

I thought that was Korean Cuisine ? Or were you asking about Sinapore cuisine in general? I have not tried it myself but then again I eat steak everyday as a side-dish pretty much so I fare I'm not as adventurous as yourself. I did however eat dinner with a TaeKwonDo champion's family (they are from Korea) at a members home in the states , have no clue what it was that I was eating , but the dish I did eat was delicious .

Brian , where are you exactly that you couldn't bring in a camera to take a picture? Just curious.
I dunno what cuisine it is exactly :D :D

I dunno what cuisine it is exactly :D :D
Well I was assuming with a name like "Seoul" Garden it would have to be Korean, I have to say now I am confused and hungry :D
HA! I'm so lost right now...the only thing I know is it is now time to cook. What to make? Anyone have a suggestion for sliced fresh smoked ham? I don't do much with pork normally but this is a good smoke and have to try something. Anything is good suggestion-wise from sandwich to 5 star.

Dam, I knew I should have taken a picture of me eating "Beans on Toast" today. :D

beans_on_toast.webp

Needed something quick and easy tonight and with sod all in the house I settled for toad in the hole with mixed veggies and a great dollop of mashed spud.

It was bloody nice.

Attachments

• withgravy.webp
    withgravy.webp
    201.3 KB · Views: 24
  • withoutgravy.webp
    withoutgravy.webp
    200.6 KB · Views: 25
Needed something quick and easy tonight and with sod all in the house I settled for toad in the hole with mixed veggies and a great dollop of mashed spud.

It was bloody nice.

I have never had toad in the hole :p What is the "hole" made of?

We ended up having boiled eggs and an early night after our big walk.. feel fantastic today!!!

I have never had toad in the hole :p What is the "hole" made of?

We ended up having boiled eggs and an early night after our big walk.. feel fantastic today!!!
It's just Yorkshire Pudding batter.

I would give a recipe but I don't follow one, I just hurl the ingredients into a bowl and whisk, I've done it so many times that it just happens without thinking about it now.

All you need is egg(s) milk and plain flour.

The only thing to remember with Yorkshire Pudding, whether it's on it's own or toad, the oven, pan and oil all need to be very, very hot.

With toad, I put the sausages in the oven on the top shelf and the pan for the toad on the bottom shelf with the oil in it. This gives it the chance to get hot whilst the sausages are cooking.

Once the sausages are three parts cooked, put them into the toad pan and pour the batter all over them and making sure it reaches the sides. Now put it on the top shelf and cook for about 30 minutes.

It's just Yorkshire Pudding batter.

I would give a recipe but I don't follow one, I just hurl the ingredients into a bowl and whisk, I've done it so many times that it just happens without thinking about it now.

All you need is egg(s) milk and plain flour.

Ahhh well thanks for the explaination Doctor, I am amazed a Time Lord such as yourself has time to knock up a toad in the hole!

Not really my cup of Chai Latte though :p Prefer my food on the spicy/exotic side! My poor hubby loves that sort of thing, but he rarely gets it... bangers, mash and peas about once a year if he's been good :p hehehehee

Ahhh well thanks for the explaination Doctor, I am amazed a Time Lord such as yourself has time to knock up a toad in the hole!

Not really my cup of Chai Latte though :p Prefer my food on the spicy/exotic side! My poor hubby loves that sort of thing, but he rarely gets it... bangers, mash and peas about once a year if he's been good :p hehehehee

I always add some mixed herbs to the batter mix but you could lob in some spices instead, same with the mash.

I always add some mixed herbs to the batter mix but you could lob in some spices instead, same with the mash.

Naw.. if I did it, it would be traditional :)

tonight I am doing a Vietnamese Ginger chicken with Cashews... mmmm will post up a pic later!

Can't beat roast spuds done in goose fat.

It's my mate's birthday today. Instead of going out we're going to get a few beverages in, watch a movie and have steak & chips... Oh yes.

Yesterday, I made a french-style sage and onion chicken dish, and served it with goose-fat roasted potatoes with garlic, thyme and oregano. Om nom nom nom!

OMG, those potatoes look divine!!! I have never cooked in Goose fat, not even sure I could get it around here, I know I could in Sydney, but up here in the boonies there is a decided lack of gourmet food providores lol.. mind you I did see Duck Fat in my local Supermarket not long ago, that surprised me!!!

The Chicken looks lovely too, but I am sensing the Potatoes were the star! :D

Can't beat roast spuds done in goose fat.

It's my mate's birthday today. Instead of going out we're going to get a few beverages in, watch a movie and have steak & chips... Oh yes.

Now that is an awesome Birthday in my book :D Your mate is a lucky bloke!

Top Bottom