Food Fantasia

Few things to post....

Over the weekend we did this lemon garlic herb marinade on some small chickens we had purchased, served with roasted spuds, pumpkin and steamed green beans... oh sooo good!

lemongarlic_chicken.webp

roastspuds.webp

lemongarlic.webp

Today we went to the beach for a spot of take away Fish an chips... with the ubiquitous aerial thieves on hand to clean up anything not carefully guarded!

Sorry, I only thought to take a pic when we were about two thirds of the way through our lunch LOL ..

fnc_june.webp

seagull.webp

terrigalbeach.webp

Not a bad way to spend a Winter's day... ahhhh I love Winter here!!!

Looks good, Kim!

I can't believe it, but I participated in a BBQ battle this weekend and completely forgot to take pictures. :mad: Lemme tell you though, all the food was fantastic, especially my kickin' chicken! :D

Looks good, Kim!

I can't believe it, but I participated in a BBQ battle this weekend and completely forgot to take pictures. :mad: Lemme tell you though, all the food was fantastic, especially my kickin' chicken! :D

A BBQ battle! Sounds like fun :D next time we definitely need photographic evidence though!

There is no better tool in your BBQ battle arsenal than a Big Green Egg.

I load up a chimney starter with chuck charcoal (briquettes are evil), get it going, transfer it into the Egg's firebox with the wood of choice (usually a fruit wood, or mesquite for beef). Once I get the temp dialed in, you can walk away for 24 - 36 hours and it will maintain the temp without needing to add a thing. The cast iron exterior and ceramic interior make staying at temp with a minimal amount of burn easy, extending fuel life for many hours.

Low and slow, baby. Thats real BBQ. Anything less than 4 hours in smoke is just grilling.

Just made some broccoli beef following this recipe: http://simplyrecipes.com/recipes/broccoli_beef/

Probably the easiest and best tasting recipe I've found for it.

YUM! sounds great, must give that recipe a try I love brocolli and beef! I love that guy's blog lol, that was always one of the reasons I love cooking..... gets you out of a whole bunch of boring domestic duties if you're a great cook :D

Friday Night Pizza...

Last night we had the tastiest home made Pizza I think I have ever done! Put it this way, ordinarily there is half - minimum of 2 slices of a large pizza left after dinner... but last night it was all eaten on the night by some piggie... not mentioning any names here.... so no left over pizza for breakfast... wahhhh! lol

It was a Moroccan Lamb - Marinated Lamb Backstrap , with mushrooms, red onions, pumpkin and baby bocconcini OMG! Plenty of spice mix, and I added extra Chili.

Sooooo Daaaaaannnng Goooood

moroccan_lamb_pizza.webp

YUM! sounds great, must give that recipe a try I love brocolli and beef! I love that guy's blog lol, that was always one of the reasons I love cooking..... gets you out of a whole bunch of boring domestic duties if you're a great cook :D

Friday Night Pizza...

Last night we had the tastiest home made Pizza I think I have ever done! Put it this way, ordinarily there is half - minimum of 2 slices of a large pizza left after dinner... but last night it was all eaten on the night by some piggie... not mentioning any names here.... so no left over pizza for breakfast... wahhhh! lol

It was a Moroccan Lamb - Marinated Lamb Backstrap , with mushrooms, red onions, pumpkin and baby bocconcini OMG! Plenty of spice mix, and I added extra Chili.

Sooooo Daaaaaannnng Goooood

View attachment 15961
Very odd sounding pizza o_O.

I just use all the pork products in the fridge :p.

Very odd sounding pizza o_O.

I just use all the pork products in the fridge :p.

Oh it was sooo good you have no idea :p

I just tried a Google of "Gourmet Wood Fired Pizza California" and all the results were Australian o_O Don't you have interesting pizza places there? are they all Italian style?

We have had a movement here for about 15 - 20 years, of really interesting gourmet pizza toppings, basically someone discovered you can put almost anything (that works together obviously) on a pizza.

You can still get an Italian style pizza, but most people would opt for a gourmet (preferrably wood fired) option instead.

Some people even have their own Wood Fired Pizza Ovens - *jealous* one day I want one of those myself :D

Here are some links to give you the idea ....

http://new.crust.com.au/pizzas#! - Wagyu Prawn.. OMG!

http://www.basepizza.com.au/index.html

Oh it was sooo good you have no idea :p

I just tried a Google of "Gourmet Wood Fired Pizza California" and all the results were Australian o_O Don't you have interesting pizza places there? are they all Italian style?

We have had a movement here for about 15 - 20 years, of really interesting gourmet pizza toppings, basically someone discovered you can put almost anything (that works together obviously) on a pizza.

You can still get an Italian style pizza, but most people would opt for a gourmet (preferrably wood fired) option instead.

Some people even have their own Wood Fired Pizza Ovens - *jealous* one day I want one of those myself :D

Here are some links to give you the idea ....

http://new.crust.com.au/pizzas#! - Wagyu Prawn.. OMG!

http://www.basepizza.com.au/index.html
Theres a lot of woodfired pizza kitchens in Los Angeles, don't know many that would have a site though.

Top Bottom