Food Fantasia

IMG_0197.webp

Tried this Pickle recipe my grandmother used to make :)

Cucumber/Tomato/Red onion/cilantro/green chilli . Cut them all into small pieces then squeeze 2 fresh lemon over it add some salt & powered red pepper then mix it :)

Turned out great i love spicy food :P

View attachment 15430

Tried this Pickle recipe my grandmother used to make :)

Cucumber/Tomato/Red onion/cilantro/green chilli . Cut them all into small pieces then squeeze 2 fresh lemon over it add some salt & powered red pepper then mix it :)

Turned out great i love spicy food :p

YUM! I would love that, must try it :D

Huh,

That is insane. Animals are tasty and have lots of B vitamins, and Biotin.

Teee heee.. But I would be a Vegetarian.. if it wasn't for all that delicious meat :( I was just teasing jmurrayhead :p

I used these weird onions to make the caramelized onions for the pizza yesterday.. they were billed as "Tuscan Onions" here.. never seen them before, we have the regular round red onions, but I have never seen this shape before.

They were very pungent, my eyes were stinging for hours afterwards, but they tasted great once they had very gently sauteed for hours and hours and been reduced to a brown sweet mass!

View attachment 15170
What the bloody hell?

Yes. The local stores here have these huge onions that weigh up to 15 lb each and they're sweet and perfect for onion rings. Those and the huge Idaho potatoes. My nephews love it when I make onion rings and fries when they're over.

Yes. The local stores here have these huge onions that weigh up to 15 lb each and they're sweet and perfect for onion rings. Those and the huge Idaho potatoes. My nephews love it when I make onion rings and fries when they're over.

Wwwwwwhhhhhhaaat! A 7 kg onion... photos my friend.. photos!

Made my hubby a Big Breakfast yesterday...As he was out in the Garden most of the day afterwards...

big_breaky.webp

And yesterday I opened a new tub of Margarine, and this is what I found... this is not touched.. exactly as it was when I pulled the paper cover off the top LOL

I am calling him Marg Man!

marg_man.webp

This recipe is my own creation. I've shared it with very few people. But in the spirit of summer...

Lo-Cal Heart-Healthy Southwestern Potato Salad

In a large bowl, combine:

6 c Yukon Gold Potatoes – peeled, boiled, and cut into ¼” slices - 408cal (6 fat)
¼ c Red Onions – diced – 12cal (1 fat)
1 Jalapeno Pepper – diced – 4cal (1 fat)
1 Avocado – peeled & chopped – 289cal (240 fat)
1 Lime – Juiced – 10cal (0 fat)

(Tip : have the lime out and ready to juice right after you cut the avocado. Juice right over top to keep the avocado from browning.)

Dressing (Mayo replacement):
1 ½ c – Fat Free Greek Yogurt – 150cal (0 fat)
2 Tbsp – fresh chopped cilantro – 0cal (0 fat)
3 Tbsp – Adobo Sauce – 10 cal (1 fat)

Pour dressing over ingredients and fold to coat.

Makes 8 servings, 109cal (31 fat)

Compare that to 1 ½ c Light Mayo (784cal / 720 fat) + 3 hardboiled eggs instead of avocado (231cal/144 fat), which would have been 182cal (109 fat) per serving. Additionally, the fat from the avocado is heart-healthy monounsaturated fat, unlike the egg and mayo.

It packs a nice bit of heat and smokiness. Good compliment to BBQ.

Top Bottom