1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 FontAwesome not loading for particular user

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by eberkund, Jan 10, 2015.

1. eberkund

eberkund Active Member

I am posting this here so I can hopefully get some help because I am completely stumped by this issue that a member of my forum posted. Basically it seems like FontAwesome is not getting loaded for this particular user which is leading the icons to display as ugly squares.

More details of the issue can be found here: https://campingbabble.com/threads/firefox-display-issue.750/

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Does that user have any browser extensions installed, such as NoScript?

Chris D likes this.
  3. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

It's also possible to cause issues with browser extensions that allow a user to inject their own custom CSS, that happened to a user here, recently. They were overriding the font family universally for the entire site.

Also the actual browser version could be factor. Specifically Internet Explorer 7, or new versions of Internet Explorer with Compatibility View enabled, could cause this. I would guess that old versions of Opera, Firefox and Chrome could cause problems, but that's less likely. Either way, let us know what browser extensions they have, if it works with them disabled, and the specific browser and version.

4. eberkund

eberkund Active Member

Thanks, that was the exact problem. The user had NoScript installed and it was blocking the FontAwesome CDN.

5. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I believe there is a checkbox they can tick if they want to continue using NoScript.

Chris D likes this.
  6. eberkund

eberkund Active Member

Yep, they unblocked it and it is now working fine :)