Font Awesome Manager

Font Awesome Manager 1.2.7

No permission to download
You don't have a "Managed Server", you've got overpriced crippled crap ;)

Anyway, I doubt that pyftsubset is available nor that your host would be willing to provide this.

So your options are:
  1. Test if you can use the precompiled binary and use that if it does
  2. Ask your host to provide pyftsubset.
If both options fail:
  1. Get a better host
  2. Stop using FAM
  3. Try to fake the useragent for transfonter.org (not recommended, but seems to work)

@Tracy Perry
Missing icons are almost certainly a configuration issue, I therefore suggest to carefully re-check your setup.

If this doesn't help please literally follow the steps outlined in FAQ "I've tried everything, but icons are still missing or otherwise broken. How can I get help?"
I did... SEVERAL times. In fact, I even listed the icons in the options panel for them... it is something integral to the add-on because a soon as I disabled it, the missing one(s) were able to be recognized and displayed. It's been a bit, but I think these were specifically set in the EXTRA.less template. So it's not like XF wasn't "finding" them.
The only "option" I didn't do was start a conversation with you as honestly.. I simply didn't have the time to trouble shoot an add-on for a developer.

I simply didn't have the time to trouble shoot an add-on for a developer.
Erm ... you were asking for help, not me ;)

I tried to take a look at your site to see if I can spot anything obvious from the HTML / CSS output, but https://astrowhat,com (this is your website, right?) seems to be down:
1669559228649.png

That being said, I am happy to help you but I do need the information I've requested in the FAQ, otherwise I most likely will not be able to help you.

If you don't want to provide the information I've requested I can only tell you that I am currently not aware of any known issues / bugs that could cause FA icons to be missing when FAM is enabled (apart from configuration / setup issues as already mentioned).

Erm ... you were asking for help, not me ;)
No, I was simply relaying an issue that I had and the resolution that fixed it. Remove the add-on, the FA icons worked... install it again and reconfigure it following your guides... and they quit working... remove it and they went back to working. And even listing those specific icons in the ACP failed to load them.
The only thing I didn't do is detail in my post that I followed the trouble shooting you provided...but I figured that as active as I was here, and as much "advice" that I gave others, it would be apparent to any long-time person that was an active participant on the site would realize that most likely I had already followed the "trouble shooting" guides before making a post.

If you are coming in from Russia... you may get that, but normally it's a CloudFlare block for it that is in place.

You may want to check with your ISP as it appears you have issues if you weren't getting a connection....

Screen Shot 2022-11-27 at 9.05.03 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-11-27 at 9.06.00 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-11-27 at 9.07.07 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-11-27 at 9.07.50 AM.png

Does like this are FA 5 or FA 6? All are FA 4.
Font Awesome changes things between major versions, so FA 4 is not compatible with FA 5 or FA 6.

Thanks for the passive aggressive angry reaction, I know to never help you because it's clearly a waste of time 🙃.

I had a problem with a new installation of pyftsubset.
A notification with server security came.

I used 7Zip to decompress pyftsubset.
Via FTP I uploaded the files, changed all permissions to 777.
In Admin > Add-ons pyftsubset was active to be uninstalled/installed and the installation now went smooth.

Read the FAQ section on missing icons :)

I had a problem with a new installation of pyftsubset.
A notification with server security came.
The exact (error) message would be useful.

Via FTP I uploaded the files, changed all permissions to 777.
777 is normally waay too permissive and a security risk;755 should be sufficient in most cases.

Last edited:
Thats an option, another (less destructive) option would be to just add the icons (toggle-on and toggle-off), though they should be detected automatically anyway.

A rebuild log would be useful information to troubleshoot (if you are interested in that).

Hello. I'm getting this error when installing this add-on:

ParseError: syntax error, unexpected '?' in src/addons/Kirby/FontAwesomeManager/Helper.php at line 75

If I remove the ? from ?array on that line, and also from /Job/FontAwesome.php, it gets installed, but then I get errors like this on Xenforo console:

TypeError: Argument 3 passed to Kirby\FontAwesomeManager\Job\FontAwesome::rebuildCache() must be of the type array, null given

Last edited:
ParseError: syntax error, unexpected '?' in src/addons/Kirby/FontAwesomeManager/Helper.php at line 75
Hmm ... you got this error on the following code
PHP:
public function getCache(): ?array
?

If so: Which PHP version do you use?
(The above code should be fine for PHP 7.1+, if you are using extremely outdated PHP 7.0 you would have to update to a supported version).

Hello @Kirby, I just noticed that when selecting one or more attachments to embed in the message the checkbox icon (checked) is not displayed, probably because it is in solid weight and it is not in the solid basic list in the add-on options.

I added it manually but shouldn't it be there natively?

checkbox-square

check-square should be on the solid icons list by default.

Did you notice this on a new installation?

Top Bottom