XF 2.1 Font Awesome 5, Editor button management, Markdown support and more!

We did say we'd see you again fairly soon and so here we are, hot on the heels of our push notifications announcement, to bring you an update on several more new features and improvements coming in XenForo 2.1.

Remember, to ensure you're kept up to date, we strongly recommend smashing the "Watch forum" link here and enabling email notifications if you haven't done so already 🙂

For XF 2.1 I'd probably recommend that you replace the contents of the font_awesome_setup template (which is new in 2.1 I think) with your CDN code.

What to change there with my cdn code?

PHP:
<xf:if is="fa_weight() == 'l'">
    <link rel="preload" href="{{ base_url('styles/fonts/fa/fa-light-300.woff2') }}" as="font" type="font/woff2" crossorigin="anonymous" />
<xf:elseif is="fa_weight() == 'r'" />
    <link rel="preload" href="{{ base_url('styles/fonts/fa/fa-regular-400.woff2') }}" as="font" type="font/woff2" crossorigin="anonymous" />
<xf:elseif is="fa_weight() == 's'" />
    <link rel="preload" href="{{ base_url('styles/fonts/fa/fa-solid-900.woff2') }}" as="font" type="font/woff2" crossorigin="anonymous" />
</xf:if>
<xf:if is="fa_weight() != 's'">
    <link rel="preload" href="{{ base_url('styles/fonts/fa/fa-solid-900.woff2') }}" as="font" type="font/woff2" crossorigin="anonymous" />
</xf:if>

<link rel="preload" href="{{ base_url('styles/fonts/fa/fa-brands-400.woff2') }}" as="font" type="font/woff2" crossorigin="anonymous" />

Changes such as that are really beyond the scope of support, but beyond that, HYS threads aren't the correct place to ask for support so please create a new thread on the forum if you need help with it.

Font Awesome 5
Hey Chris:
I've been enjoying discovering FA5 and have encountered a few icons released in 5.7 that I can't yet display on my board. I'm wondering if we can expect regular updates to the point versions of FA5 as future releases of 2.1 roll out, or if things like that are likely to only happen in major point upgrades of XF?

FA 5.7 is included in XF 2.1.1.

We couldn't include it in XF 2.1.0 because it was released so close to our stable release and we didn't have time to test it.

We will generally aim to keep it up to date within the 5.x line as long as there aren't any significant breaking changes.

We're definitely using FA 5.7.

Not sure if the icons you refer to were added in 5.7.1 or 5.7.2 which have since been released but other than that, any 5.7 icon should work.

1539181953351-png.185245

~Markdown~

(Doesn't seem to work)

It had to be disabled due to false positives in the parser. No current plans to bring it back though we do want to improve the parser over time.

Hi,

I can't use markdown in XenForo! how can I do it, for example, I have this Markdown code :

Markdown (GitHub flavored):
This text can be **embedded** into Markdown: 

<i class="fa fa-refresh fa-spin fa-lg"></i> Refresh Page

how can I show it in XenForo?

Top Bottom