XF 1.2 Folder permission errors

faeronsayn

So I recently switched servers and used the SCP command on linux to move all the files over. However, now I am getting a few folder permission errors. For example uploading a new avatar causes a permission denied message.

Furthermore, using the taigachat shoutbox I also get permission denied messages when trying to to send a message through there.

So I'm wondering what the fastest way would be to fix all the folder permission on xenForo? Possibly through ssh, but I don't know the exact commands I should run and on which folders.

So I recently switched servers and used the SCP command on linux to move all the files over. However, now I am getting a few folder permission errors. For example uploading a new avatar causes a permission denied message.

Furthermore, using the taigachat shoutbox I also get permission denied messages when trying to to send a message through there.

So I'm wondering what the fastest way would be to fix all the folder permission on xenForo? Possibly through ssh, but I don't know the exact commands I should run and on which folders.
/data/
/internal_data/

By default should be 755 or 777 depending on server setup. Most host will require a 777 setting. You can do this via FTP or SSH.

When you move file servers via SCP command line, you can end up losing the chmod settings. It's fairly easy to restore them

To clarify... not only do the directories listed need those permissions, but all directories and the files contained therein need those permissions also otherwise existing avatars would not be written (modified) if the subdirectories do not inherit the parent permissions.

Last edited:
To clarify... not only do the directories listed need those permissions, but all directories and the files contained therein need those permissions also otherwise existing avatars would not be written (modified) if the subdirectories do not inherit the parent permissions.
True, but one would normally assume that goes without saying..... But then again.....

Top Bottom