Flexile

Flexile 1.1.5.1

No permission to download
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I edit the Xenporta templates to remove that date block entirely since I use iPad often and it's very noticeable

Last thing that has been annoying me since forever (tagging @Jaxel too), on small devices (tablet / phone), or when I make my desktops browser half width:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qi0j6sx6lthzhf6/2013-06-29 10.39.03.png

Dates get cut off a bit
Yeah, this is because the date block is getting negative-margined out of the pageWidth container. A quick fix is to add this to extra.css:
Code:
.recentNews .leftDate .newsDate {
    margin-left: 0;
}

This will keep the date block floating within the entry container. It doesn't look as cool, but it won't get cutoff on tablets.

There might be a way to fix it without moving the date block by adjusting margin or padding on the pageWidth container, but I don't have the energy to mess around with it right now.

Yes, I edit the Xenporta templates to remove that date block entirely since I use iPad often and it's very noticeable
Yeah, this is because the date block is getting negative-margined out of the pageWidth container. A quick fix is to add this to extra.css:
Code:
    margin-left: 0;
}

This will keep the date block floating within the entry container. It doesn't look as cool, but it won't get cutoff on tablets.

There might be a way to fix it without moving the date block by adjusting margin or padding on the pageWidth container, but I don't have the energy to mess around with it right now.
Code:
    margin-left: 0 !important;
}
Is what you need (note !important), not sure I like it though, I'll see what people say.

Yep, I'm back.

I apologize for neglecting my themes for the past several months. :( I've been busy, and making updates in the past has been a rigorous and grueling process of diffing the master templates between versions of XenForo, then manually (line by line) merging those changes into Flexile. For each and every template that needs updating. Sometimes this process could take 4 to 5 hours.

Thankfully, I've come up with a new updating process that is much more automated and allows me to make updates in 30%-50% of the time. Hopefully this should allow me to update much more rapidly in the future without as much of a time commitment needed on my part.

There's an update in the wings for 1.1.5 for both Flexile and Flexile Dark, but I first have to read through the 15 (?) or so pages of discussion I've missed to make sure there haven't been other issues reported that I can fix for the 1.1.5 update.

Updates for 1.2 will be coming. I can't really give an ETA right now because from my brief glance over the What's New forum the changes in 1.2 are massive - I'm not sure what the scope of the work that needs to be done is. It's in the works, though.

Thanks, and let me know if you have any other questions.

- Erik

That is great! Glad to see you back :D

With 1.2 quickly approaching, will this be updated? This is the best theme out there (free or paid), and I'd love to continue using it.

Yes, @Erik mentioned on the Flexile Dark thread that 1.2 version is coming. I assume it also applies to the original Flexile style as well.

Looking @ his dev right now, still no progress on 1.2 :(
there wont be any 1.2 process untill 1.2 final of xenforo is out since it's still in RC 2 and not yet stable/final, so thats why i think Erik will update it once xenforo hits 1.2 as final version and not in Beta or RC stage :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom