Flexile

Flexile 1.1.5.1

No permission to download
Status
Not open for further replies.
Erik updated Flexile with a new update entry:

Flexile updated for XenForo 1.1.5 and Resource Manager

Hi everyone! Flexile has just been updated to support XenForo 1.1.5 and the official XenForo Resource Manager add-on.

Here are a list of changes in this release:
  • Updated for XenForo 1.1.5.
  • Added support for XenForo Resource Manager add-on.
  • Fixed some missing attributes in style XML file that would cause some templates to get "stuck" as outdated in the admin CP (namely the navigation template).
  • Fixed misaligned attachment editor upload thumbnail sprite (thanks...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Great news! Did you per chance fix the fact that you had ~4 templates that were unmodified except for the fact you added some random spaces etc. Minimal diff is important :)

Do you have a list of these? If this is the case it wasn't intentional, all modified templates should have substantial (i.e. necessary) modifications. It could have happened on accident through negligence and/or WebDAV quirks, though. :)

Do you have a list of these? If this is the case it wasn't intentional, all modified templates should have substantial (i.e. necessary) modifications. It could have happened on accident through negligence and/or WebDAV quirks, though. :)

I'm updating my site now (from my hacked together 1.1.5 version) - I'll make a list when I'm done.

XenPorta is not right at all: http://screencloud.net/v/4tmI (yes I have enabled 8wayrun support - it was even worse before)
The resource manager and everything else look great though.

EDIT: Reverting to old flexile exceptions <xen if is 8wayrunsupport> makes it work fine.

EDIT2: And finally @Erik
xenforo_popup.css
discussion_list.css
member_list.css
Many of the templates have tabs vs spaces changes (Xenforo uses tabs), those ones don't really appear to have any other changes.

I might recommend using http://xenforo.com/community/resources/xenmerge-diff-merge-for-your-templates.1037/ to check, its a bit buggy in terms of responsiveness but helps clean up the templates.

Last edited:
XenPorta is not right at all: http://screencloud.net/v/4tmI (yes I have enabled 8wayrun support - it was even worse before)
The resource manager and everything else look great though.

EDIT: Reverting to old flexile exceptions <xen if is 8wayrunsupport> makes it work fine.

xenforo_popup.css
discussion_list.css
member_list.css
Many of the templates have tabs vs spaces changes (Xenforo uses tabs), those ones don't really appear to have any other changes.

I might recommend using http://xenforo.com/community/resources/xenmerge-diff-merge-for-your-templates.1037/ to check, its a bit buggy in terms of responsiveness but helps clean up the templates.

Thanks, I'll look into those. The Flexile exceptions came from @Jaxel a few pages back, I'll have to do some testing tomorrow (I don't have XenPorta installed on my dev installation). Is XenPorta updated to the latest version?

Last edited:
Thanks, I'll look into those. The Flexile exceptions came from Jaxel a few pages back, I'll have to do some testing tomorrow (I don't have XenPorta installed on my dev installation). Is XenPorta updated to the latest version?

Yes XenPorta is updated fine and dandy. Running Flexile 1.1.5, but with the 1.1.3 8wayrun changes on my site, http://www.spigotmc.org/ I also use XenCarta for the Wiki, another 8wayrunaddon.

Hi once i upgraded it to 1.1.5 my xenportal design was messed up and went back to it's default again :( so i added the codes back to EXTRA.css and still it wont read it :( so here is a pictures of what i was before the update

Before:
Screenshot_27.webp

After:
Screenshot_26.webp

as you can see is on picture thats after looks like a mess :( i want it to look like picture that was before the update but it wont use codes from EXTRA.css :( it worked fine before the update.

Hi once i upgraded it to 1.1.5 my xenportal design was messed up and went back to it's default again :( so i added the codes back to EXTRA.css and still it wont read it :( so here is a pictures of what i was before the update

Before:
View attachment 50098

After:
View attachment 50097

as you can see is on picture thats after looks like a mess :( i want it to look like picture that was before the update but it wont use codes from EXTRA.css :( it worked fine before the update.
Please read above:
1) Enabled 8WayRun support in the style properties
2) Use the 1.1.3 flexile_exceptions template

EDIT: And on another note for Erik, how much is actually changed in upload/styles/flexiles/xxxx - being able to use the stock XenForo one would be a cool 'feature'

Yes, I can confirm this issue and solution.
EDIT: big note: only copy this part from 1.1.3. If copy the full 1.1.3 flexile_exception.css over to 1.1.5, it will break the breadcrumb.
Code:
<xen:if is="{xen:property 8wayRunSupport}">

/* FLEXILE > PORTAL > GENERAL SETTINGS */
    .EWRporta_Portal .mainContainer { margin-bottom: 0px; }
    .EWRporta_Portal .centerShift { margin-left: {xen:calc '{xen:property sidebar.width} + 15'}px !important; }
    .EWRporta_Portal .section:first-child { margin: 0px auto 15px !important; }

/* FLEXILE > PORTAL > RECENT NEWS */
    #recentNews .recentNews.sectionMain
    {
        background-color: transparent;
        border: 0px;
        border-radius: 0px;
        box-shadow: none;
        -khtml-box-shadow: none;
        padding: 0px;
    }
    #recentNews .recentNews .sectionFooter
    {
        border-bottom-left-radius: 6px;
        border-bottom-right-radius: 6px;
        margin: 15px -15px -16px;
    }
    #recentNews .recentNews .subHeading,
    #recentThreads .sectionHeaders
    {
        border: 0px;
        {xen:property sidebarBlockHeading}
    }
    #recentNews .recentNews .subHeading a,
    #recentThreads .sectionHeaders a
    {
        {xen:property sidebarBlockHeading.font}
    }

/* FLEXILE > PORTAL > RECENT THREADS SETTINGS */
    #recentThreads .sectionHeaders
    {
        padding-right: 5px;
        margin: -10px -10px 0px;
    }
    #recentThreads .sectionHeaders a span { padding: 0px 10px; }
    #recentThreads .sectionHeaders .lastPost { width: 155px; }

/* FLEXILE > MEDIA > TAG CLOUD SETTINGS */
    .mediaCloud #keywordCloud { margin: -30px -15px -30px !important; }
    .mediaCloud #textCloud { margin: 40px 15px 30px !important; }

</xen:if>

Last edited:
well thing is i want to use the 1.1.5 since it has latest missing stuff if now there is any :) the 1.1.3 one works fine untill 1.1.5 one wont :/

before image is one having support enabled and 1.1.3 style.

Erik updated Flexile with a new update entry:

Flexile 1.1.5.1 released

This is a maintenance release that fixes a couple problems with the previous release of Flexile for XenForo 1.1.5.

Changelog:
  • Fixed Flexile exceptions for EWR addon's.
  • Reverted (removed) discussion_list.css and member_list.css templates as they did not have any significant changes.
This is a very minor release — if you don't use XenPorta or any other 8WayRun add-ons on your site, this update is mostly unnecessary (it just removes a couple of templates that were...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Thank you for your quick update, Erik. Really appreciate this.
Look forward to hearing more details about your 1.2 updates.

xenforo_popup.css
discussion_list.css
member_list.css
Thanks! discussion_list.css and member_list.css have been reverted, but xenforo_popup.css does contain a few actual changes.
EDIT: And on another note for Erik, how much is actually changed in upload/styles/flexiles/xxxx - being able to use the stock XenForo one would be a cool 'feature'
Here's a summary of changes if you're curious:
Added files (compared to stock):
  • /gradients/category_bar_gradient.png
  • /gradients/item-gradient.png
  • /gradients/main-bar-gradient.png
  • /gradients/search-bg.png
  • /gradients/user-bar-hover.png
  • /widgets/delete-16px.png
  • /widgets/simple-arrow-up.png
  • /widgets/simple-arrow-down.png
  • /widgets/subforum.png
Changed files (that are necessary for Flexile):
  • /xenforo-ui-sprite.png
  • /logo.png
  • /node-sprite.png
  • /gradients/navigation-tab.png
  • /widgets/forum-read.png
  • /widgets/forum-unread.png
  • /widgets/nav-menu-gadget.png
I realize there are more differences than this in the current release of Flexile - you can copy over the non-necessary differences from the default style if you wish. This is mostly due to me failing to track the changes in the default style's files with Flexile.

What do you mean by that exactly? Technically, Flexile Dark is just a child style with changes similar to how the colored styles work (albeit many more - there are a lot of additional changes needed to make the "dark" variant work correctly).

I could just put the Flexile Dark XML file within the Flexile package and release it as one complete style, but I decided to release them separately mostly because there are separate categories for light and dark styles here and people looking for a dark style might not realize that Flexile has a dark variant. :)

Reactions: rdn
What do you mean by that exactly? Technically, Flexile Dark is just a child style with changes similar to how the colored styles work (albeit many more - there are a lot of additional changes needed to make the "dark" variant work correctly).

I could just put the Flexile Dark XML file within the Flexile package and release it as one complete style, but I decided to release them separately mostly because there are separate categories for light and dark styles here and people looking for a dark style might not realize that Flexile has a dark variant. :)
Haven't actually looked at dark, but I figured templates are modified as well as style properties, whereas additional colors are just style properties - didn't even realize they were child styles since it is posted as a new resource.
Thanks

Yes (templates are modified), unfortunately not everything is covered by Style Properties. There are still a lot of hard-coded color values in the XenForo default style that can't be controlled through Style Properties. These have to be modified in the templates to really make a dark style look good. :)

If you want to fix the fact that using tabs vs spaces makes the diff look horrible when compared to the master style, even when unmodified parts are replaced by spaces,
sed -i 's/####/\t/g' style-Flexile.xml

Should work, I'd advise checking the results with XenMerge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom