Flexile

Flexile 1.1.5.1

No permission to download
Status
Not open for further replies.
Erik, quick question. For the logo PSD, how can I stretch the background image without stretching the text? Not really a Photoshop user, as you can tell lol.

Erik, quick question. For the logo PSD, how can I stretch the background image without stretching the text? Not really a Photoshop user, as you can tell lol.
The background image is just a solid color so you can safely "stretch" it without losing quality. I'm guessing you want to make the canvas bigger to fit your custom text. In that case, what you would want to do is:
  1. Go to Image > Canvas Size. Increase the width and/or height. Click the location you want the canvas to expand from. Then click OK.
  2. Use the eyedropper tool (sixth from the top) and click on the blue background to sample that color.
  3. Click the paintbucket tool (12th from top) and click on the white background area to fill it blue.
  4. Move and stretch the text to your liking using the Move tool (1st from top)
However, to save the final image, I would recommend turning off the background layer by clicking the eye icon on that layer and then saving the image as a transparent PNG by going to File >Save for Web & Devices... and choosing PNG-24 as the preset.

If this isn't what you were asking, please try to explain a bit more and I'll try to help. :)

The background image is just a solid color so you can safely "stretch" it without losing quality. I'm guessing you want to make the canvas bigger to fit your custom text. In that case, what you would want to do is:
  1. Go to Image > Canvas Size. Increase the width and/or height. Click the location you want the canvas to expand from. Then click OK.
  2. Use the eyedropper tool (sixth from the top) and click on the blue background to sample that color.
  3. Click the paintbucket tool (12th from top) and click on the white background area to fill it blue.
  4. Move and stretch the text to your liking using the Move tool (1st from top)
However, to save the final image, I would recommend turning off the background layer by clicking the eye icon on that layer and then saving the image as a transparent PNG by going to File >Save for Web & Devices... and choosing PNG-24 as the preset.

If this isn't what you were asking, please try to explain a bit more and I'll try to help. :)
That was exactly it! I decided to go with what you said, and kept the background transparent! :) I noticed the reason why LOL. But I kept on increasing the Image Size which was distorting the text and I didn't want that, didn't think to try Canvas Size! Thank you very much! :)

Erik (or anyone) is there any easy way to rotate the content of the "Right Content Area"?

I had an idea to use it as a rotating information pointer when I migrate - with multiple "Did you know?" tips and advice.

Anyone know of a simple way to achieve this?

Thanks,
Shaun :D

The best way I can think of doing it would be to add a container div inside of it, then add multiple divs inside of that, each with a fixed height and width, and with unique content in each one, and then use jQuery to slide or fade through them in order. Something like this:
w51Vy.png

I suppose you could randomize which one is selected to be displayed if you wanted it to be random.

Hey Erik, just wanted to say, You've created a style for free that would not be out of place in a style selling website for a fair premium. I'd hazard a guess that this and the dark version together are prob the most popular custom style installed on XF boards on the internet atm!. Well done and much appreciated effort.

On my website i cannot see the forum buttons such as bold italics underline smilies and all that. Know how to fix? Just with flexile them i have tried to reinstall but it does not work.

Noticing a small issue I haven't seen with Flexile before Erik, I just installed it onto our site and when not logged in it looks fine but when logged in here is how it looks:

Screen Shot 2011-09-07 at 10.31.10 AM.webp

The user icon at the top right there seems off and I don't remember it doing that before. I haven't made any template changes to the master template at all and the only addon that is running is my RecentStatus addon which doesn't do anything in that area at all, it's all in the sidebar.

If you want to take a look at it just go to www.defiantminecraft.com and choose the Flexile theme.

Have you modified it?

I only ask because yours is missing the banner strip underneath the main navigation tabs (which I expect would otherwise "push up" your username icon):

subdued-png.5112
<<<<-------

Cheers,

Here's a page that has a sub menu and how it shows up:
Screen Shot 2011-09-07 at 10.42.28 AM.webp

I haven't modified it at all, and I've used this style before on other sites without issue so I'm not sure what's wrong :/
Have you modified it?

I only ask because yours is missing the banner strip underneath the main navigation tabs (which I expect would otherwise "push up" your username icon):

subdued-png.5112
<<<<-------

Cheers,

Hmmm ... I've just compared it to GeeksChat and the - Inbox Alerts and Log Out links are all at the top of the screen in their own separate (dark background) section; curiouser and curiouser ... :whistle:

Hmmm ... I've just compared it to GeeksChat and the - Inbox Alerts and Log Out links are all at the top of the screen in their own separate (dark background) section; curiouser and curiouser ... :whistle:
Hense my confusion! I'm going to try a reinstall real quick, but I've used this style before without issue :/

Hense my confusion! I'm going to try a reinstall real quick, but I've used this style before without issue :/

Are you using a version of Flexile that matches your XF version? (Just in case you're uploading the 1.0.4 Flexile on an older model XF install, or vice versa?)

Cheers,

Are you using a version of Flexile that matches your XF version? (Just in case you're uploading the 1.0.4 Flexile on an older model XF install, or vice versa?)

Cheers,
Nope it's a brand new 1.0.4 install with the fresh download of Flexile. Thanks for the ideas, it's some of the same things I've been trying too :D

Nope it's a brand new 1.0.4 install with the fresh download of Flexile. Thanks for the ideas, it's some of the same things I've been trying too :D

Have you imported flexstyle as a child to another style? It may be inheriting styling from a parent style, probably best to leave it with no parent!

Have you imported flexstyle as a child to another style? It may be inheriting styling from a parent style, probably best to leave it with no parent!
The base flexile style has no parent, and just as a test I installed one of the child styles to flexile and it does the same thing. So I'm kind of at a loss :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom