Flexile Dark

Flexile Dark 1.1.5.1

No permission to download
Status
Not open for further replies.
Flexile Dark 1.0.1 released. Changelog:
  • Updated for XenForo 1.0.1.
  • Updated 8WayRun CSS.
  • Fixed inner width of sidebar (now slightly larger and same as default style).
  • Fixed visual bug with super long breadcrumb strings.
  • Updated editor smiley icon to new smiley.
  • Briefly tested with Internet Explorer 9.
  • Added standalone version that doesn't require Flexile. (style-Flexile-Dark-Standalone.xml)
Here is the current status of Internet Explorer support:
  • IE 6: completely broken visually, pretty much unusable
  • IE 7: visually broken in some areas, but still very usable
  • IE 8: visually accurate with the exception of all CSS3 effects, completely usable
  • IE 9: visually accurate with the exception of one or two CSS3 effects, completely usable
The style works fine on iOS for me, as long as it is fixed width. I will look into some of the fluid-width issues but it's not on the top of my list right now. :)

Hi Erik,

Once again, fantastic work!

XF V 1.01

I thought id test this on my windows box first, I am having some styling issues as attached below. I seem to be the only one that has had any issues as of yet so maybe its just Windows? Cheers mate

flex.webp

Hi Erik,

XF V 1.01

I thought id test this on my windows box first, I am having some styling issues as attached below. I seem to be the only one that has had any issues as of yet so maybe its just Windows? Cheers mate

View attachment 13701

can you try to re-upload that attachment? I can't enlarge it for some reason.

Just tested it on 2 pcs, works fine, i think sometimes the XF server is a bit slow, can you try again?
I see your dilemma there. When you say "windows" is that an add-on, or your OS? Because I'm using windows, and Chrome, and I'm not having any issues at all.

I see your dilemma there. When you say "windows" is that an add-on, or your OS? Because I'm using windows, and Chrome, and I'm not having any issues at all.
Sorry should of added that Windows 7 is the platform im using this on with XAMPP server software. I use XAMPP for testing before I apply patches to production

My production box is a VPS with CentOS

How to update the style from 1.0.0 to 1.0.1?
sorry if this question was asked before, i couldn't find the answer

Sorry should of added that Windows 7 is the platform im using this on with XAMPP server software. I use XAMPP for testing before I apply patches to production

My production box is a VPS with CentOS
I don't know then, I'm not familiar with XAMPP

How to update the style from 1.0.0 to 1.0.1?
sorry if this question was asked before, i couldn't find the answer
ACP > Appearance > Styles. Delete the older version of the styles you had by hitting the X to the right of them. Not sure if this is necessary, but I went into my FTP and deleted the old style folders, and uploaded the new version, and just install the styles again the way you did the last time.

ACP > Appearance > Styles. Delete the older version of the styles you had by hitting the X to the right of them. Not sure if this is necessary, but I went into my FTP and deleted the old style folders, and uploaded the new version, and just install the styles again the way you did the last time.
i will lose all modifications if i do it, even content inside "ad_" templates and extra.css
there must be another way to do it

Erik, it seems the Flexile style uses the same property for links within threads, and the thread title links seen when viewing a forum.

The default style for my site is Flexile Brown (I made my own colors). It works great except that when reading threads it is very hard to distinguish links from normal text. I tried to adjust by varying the shades of brown but that didn't work. Next I tried making the text bold which worked perfect, but then I realized that read threads use the same property so using bold just made all threads appear as unread.

So my question is...how do I change the link property of text that appears within a post but not affect links which appear other places such as the thread title list of the forums?

The property I am modifying is in the ACP > Appearance > Style Properties > Message-Elements > User-Generated Link, the first field which is labeled Text.

In the Default style, when this property is modified only the links within posts are affected. In the Flexile style, the thread titles seen when you view a forum are also modified, and that is the issue.

i will lose all modifications if i do it, even content inside "ad_" templates and extra.css
there must be another way to do it

The upgrade process is offered in the .zip file located in the first post within this thread. The file is named INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS.txt

In short, you copy the files to your server overwriting any existing ones, you import the .XML file and then the core upgrade is complete. Next you need to review your ACP for any Outdated Templates. The update is not truly complete until you have resolved any Outdated Templates.

If you have made manually changes to your style, you will need to copy/paste them into the new templates. Otherwise you will miss out on the changes.

Hi Erik,

XF V 1.01

View attachment 13701
Hmm... this is odd and I can't reproduce it. Maybe try re-importing the style? I don't know how Windows would affect it but you never know...
Erik, it seems the Flexile style uses the same property for links within threads, and the thread title links seen when viewing a forum.

The default style for my site is Flexile Brown (I made my own colors). It works great except that when reading threads it is very hard to distinguish links from normal text. I tried to adjust by varying the shades of brown but that didn't work. Next I tried making the text bold which worked perfect, but then I realized that read threads use the same property so using bold just made all threads appear as unread.

So my question is...how do I change the link property of text that appears within a post but not affect links which appear other places such as the thread title list of the forums?

The property I am modifying is in the ACP > Appearance > Style Properties > Message-Elements > User-Generated Link, the first field which is labeled Text.

In the Default style, when this property is modified only the links within posts are affected. In the Flexile style, the thread titles seen when you view a forum are also modified, and that is the issue.
I'll look into the style property thing. For now, you should try adding this to EXTRA.css:
Code:
.messageText a:link {
color: #MYCOLOR !important;
}

This should change the link color for links in posts only. :)

Great that works! Thank you Erik.

This might seem like an odd question but, is there a conditional statement I can add to EXTRA.css so code only executes in a given style?

I know I can add the code only to the EXTRA.css for that style. Right now I only have code changes in my parent "Flexile" and "Flexile Dark" style. I have zero template edits in the child styles. I'd like to keep it that way if possible.

Great that works! Thank you Erik.

This might seem like an odd question but, is there a conditional statement I can add to EXTRA.css so code only executes in a given style?
Not that I know of. The only way I can think to do it would be to put the code in the EXTRA.css of that specific style, as you mention. :)

Hi Erik, I installed Flexile, Everything worked fine, so I installed Flexile Dark as a child of Flexile, and that also works fine.

I then installed Flexile Dark Green as a child of Flexile Dark, so it looks

Flexile
> Flexile Dark
>> Flexile Dark Green

Now my forum looks like this: flexiledark.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom