Flash Uploader errors

Rob

I can upload fine using the regular uploader, however the flash uploader isnt working for me at all and all I get is a no permissions error. Files that upload fine normally wont work in flash. I believe a more friendly error message could be served.

I can confirm folder permissions are fine and that all filetype settings and sizes are ok, as are user permissions.

As yet, I cannot resolve this issue.

I have moved this to troubleshooting as it is more than likely a local installation/server error.

Can you screenshot the error?
Is there anything in the ACP error log?
Do you have any add-ons installed?

Does it work in a default style with no add-ons installed?

Hi Brogan,

Nothing in the admin error log.

Add-ons... xenporta, thats all.
I have not added any styles or even made any style changes except for xenporta blocks.

Screenshot is below. I get the progress bar and the file appears to upload and then this error.

I don't think its an installation/server error since if i turn the flash uploader off and use the regular uploader it works fine.

Seems to work ok here though.

error.webp

Anything in the server error log? Unfortunately, it's hard to debug the Flash uploader as we only get a response code if there's a server error.

I've seen mod_security cause issues like this, if you have that installed.

Hi Mike,

Thank you for your response.

Nope, nothing in the server log and mod_security isn't installed. To be honest, I've completely given up.
I cant understand how regular upload works yet the flash doesn't.
It works here on xF's site so it just adds to the mystery and I cant think what would cause this.

OK, I *think* i know this issue....

I have a folder password protection on the site with htaccess and a password file.... this is to ensure that the development area is kept secret.

I'm guessing the swfuploader is'nt passing along the creditials already given to the browser (unlike the regular upload).

I will deactivate the password on the folders and report back but Im fairly sure that will be the cause.

Only just noticed this - that is indeed the cause. It's an annoying Flash bug that unfortunately we can't do anything about.

Top Bottom