Firefox Release thread -

Digital Doctor

firefox.10.Jan.2012.webp

Release Notes - Firefox 10 - http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/10.0/releasenotes/

My Chrome has been having problem the past few months. Like once or twice a day, it would slow down my entire system to a crawl, almost impossible to move my mouse. Sometimes I can move my mouse to click X and close chrome and the problem goes away. But 9/10 times I need to reset : /

I don't know what cause that. It happens with quite a lot of machine here at my work place and on my home computer as well.

So right now I'm forced back to firefox. Nothing wrong with firefox really, I actually like firebug a lot more than chrome's inspection. I think firebug's display is easier to read.

I just applied the update and whatever they fixed good for them...it is way faster or so I perceive it to be.

I was just testing a page with 50 posts in it each with it's own video and the loading time to finish was about half....doesn't make sense...but I will take it.

I also notice that even though all the addons I use and have installed are still compatible and in use, plugin-container.exe is using a couple thousand less K.

@Rigel - absolutely, something about the last update I grabbed (maybe 9.0.1) kept causing severe memory leaks while running videos from certain sites. Those same urls I have saved work fine now. Lets hope these fixes become a trend.

I upgraded to FireFox 10. Even though it's a lot faster, for some odd, weird reason, the browser starts freezing. :confused:

I like it how they have 2 bugs fixed and 7 known issues right on their release notes page.

Would have been much smarter to collapse this known issues div ;)

What the hell? Where are the next updates? Lol, I was never a big fan of FF since FF4 release. Perhaps, I'm stuck with Safari but was forced to use Firefox. For me it doesn't seem to be worth it to switch browsers but Chrome... Chrome is like relatively new compared to Firefox but Chrome is a lot faster and chrome is open source, it can be freely modified. :rolleyes:

What the hell? Where are the next updates? Lol, I was never a big fan of FF since FF4 release. Perhaps, I'm stuck with Safari but was forced to use Firefox. For me it doesn't seem to be worth it to switch browsers but Chrome... Chrome is like relatively new compared to Firefox but Chrome is a lot faster and chrome is open source, it can be freely modified. :rolleyes:
ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/latest-10.0/source/ <--- in case you want to modify this for me :D j/k

But i think you can grab the source for all of them right here...
ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/

Top Bottom