1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Firefox Release thread -

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Digital Doctor, Feb 1, 2012.

1. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

2. DBA

DBA Well-Known Member

10? Seriously?

3. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Well-Known Member

10 does seem a bit faster than 9... still not as fast as Chrome though.

Markos likes this.
  4. Rigel Kentaurus

Rigel Kentaurus Well-Known Member

It feels ok. I really hope it crashes less

Fuhrmann likes this.
  5. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Well-Known Member

Yay for FirePox -.-

6. Panupat

Panupat Well-Known Member

My Chrome has been having problem the past few months. Like once or twice a day, it would slow down my entire system to a crawl, almost impossible to move my mouse. Sometimes I can move my mouse to click X and close chrome and the problem goes away. But 9/10 times I need to reset : /

I don't know what cause that. It happens with quite a lot of machine here at my work place and on my home computer as well.

So right now I'm forced back to firefox. Nothing wrong with firefox really, I actually like firebug a lot more than chrome's inspection. I think firebug's display is easier to read.

7. EQnoble

EQnoble Well-Known Member

I just applied the update and whatever they fixed good for them...it is way faster or so I perceive it to be.

I was just testing a page with 50 posts in it each with it's own video and the loading time to finish was about half....doesn't make sense...but I will take it.

I also notice that even though all the addons I use and have installed are still compatible and in use, plugin-container.exe is using a couple thousand less K.

@Rigel - absolutely, something about the last update I grabbed (maybe 9.0.1) kept causing severe memory leaks while running videos from certain sites. Those same urls I have saved work fine now. Lets hope these fixes become a trend.

8. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

I upgraded to FireFox 10. Even though it's a lot faster, for some odd, weird reason, the browser starts freezing. :confused:

9. rellek

rellek Well-Known Member

I like it how they have 2 bugs fixed and 7 known issues right on their release notes page.

Would have been much smarter to collapse this known issues div ;)

10. John

John Well-Known Member

At least they fixed some of the more serious jQuery bugs they introduced in version 9.

11. Craigr

Craigr Active Member

Thanks just updated. Doesn't seem that long ago since i updated to version 9.

12. Eagle

Eagle Well-Known Member

What the hell? Where are the next updates? Lol, I was never a big fan of FF since FF4 release. Perhaps, I'm stuck with Safari but was forced to use Firefox. For me it doesn't seem to be worth it to switch browsers but Chrome... Chrome is like relatively new compared to Firefox but Chrome is a lot faster and chrome is open source, it can be freely modified. :rolleyes:

13. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

Big improvement using FF 10. Firefox 9 was a nightmare using upto 1.6 gig of ram and all sorts of other issues.

14. EQnoble

ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/latest-10.0/source/ <--- in case you want to modify this for me :D j/k

But i think you can grab the source for all of them right here...
    ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/

15. Cats777

Cats777 Member

I'm already using FF13 (Nightly).

16. Eagle

Eagle Well-Known Member

17. EQnoble

LOL gotta admit ... it was worth a try though....:)

18. iXanon

iXanon Active Member

Seems like only last year it was on version 4..

..Perhaps because it was! :cautious:

*hugs Chrome*

Trombones13 and DBA like this.
  19. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

Firefox 10.02 out recently.
    Firefox really has fallen from grace.

Here is a good idea .... go back to Firefox 4 !

20. Adam Howard

Adam Howard Well-Known Member