Firefox file upload not working - needs confirmation.

TheBigK

I've noticed that file uploading isn't working properly on Windows 7 + Firefox. There are two issues I and one of our members have faced -
  1. File uploads 100% using flash uploader and then browser throws an error "There was problem uploading your attachment".
  2. Regular uploader (non-flash) opens, allows selection of file but the upload fails.
Can you all check this with your websites? I'm running latest Xenforo. Note that this is FF+Windows issue. Works well on Mac (Chrome, FF, Safari) and Windows (Chrome).

Yep I had that issue before, I ended up having to downgrade my FF to get it to work, if this has come up again, make sure the bug is reported to FF as they have to fix the issue on their end.

Yep I had that issue before, I ended up having to downgrade my FF to get it to work, if this has come up again, make sure the bug is reported to FF as they have to fix the issue on their end.
Just want to confirm if it's a FF issue or an issue with the Flash Plugin? How do we confirm that?

You can easily open another browser and test it. Also if you can load Youtube videos then it is not the flash plugin. YouTube uses flash player.

I've noticed that file uploading isn't working properly on Windows 7 + Firefox. There are two issues I and one of our members have faced -
  1. File uploads 100% using flash uploader and then browser throws an error "There was problem uploading your attachment".
  2. Regular uploader (non-flash) opens, allows selection of file but the upload fails.
Can you all check this with your websites? I'm running latest Xenforo. Note that this is FF+Windows issue. Works well on Mac (Chrome, FF, Safari) and Windows (Chrome).
I don't have that problem and I mainly use FF + windows 7... if you want me to check it on your forum to see if I am effected as well over there make me an account with posting privileges, send me the password, and I will sign in and try it out.

Top Bottom