Final Issues Before buying

Gabby

Ok Guys and Gals,
I'm almost there. So far I love love love love love, did I say love?, this software but there are a few issues I need to address.

First, there is no cms or portal in demo. The only portal is an add on and of course I can't add on anything to test it because I haven't purchased yet. I wish someone could let me demo the portal system. Also, it would be great if somehow Xenfor could issue full demos (able to download add-on and do modifications) then allow the customer to purchase the demo they are working on. Making only "live" once the customer has paid.

Second, I'm concerned abotu Xenforo's future. Is it still in active development and will it be around for years?

And third, will I ever figure out the node system and how to link pages. I'm working on my demo and really lost in this respect. I'm pretty sure it is me but it does get frustrating.

So I have my finger on the purchase button but would really love to be able to do the above.

Anyone? Anyone?

One of the serious pros to the software is it's easy styling options, something Vbully should have never changed.

And the other serious pro of this software is that it functions much smoother than Vbully and I have encoutered almost no error that weren't my fault. LOL

I plan on purchasing on Thursday if I can get the above retified. :)

BAZINGA!

There are several portal systems with XenPorta being the most popular. Check out 8wayrun.com for the developers own site.

It is still in active development but is fighting a law suit plus some personal issues for one of the developers.

:)

Thank you Rob for your reply. Ok but is the general concensus that the product will be around for a long time? Whatever the personal issues are, I hope it isn't a seriuos health crisis. I know about the lawsuit which I'm pretty sure they will prevail.

I know about the xenporta but sure wish I could demo it .

:)

Thank you Rob for your reply. Ok but is the general concensus that the product will be around for a long time? Whatever the personal issues are, I hope it isn't a seriuos health crisis. I know about the lawsuit which I'm pretty sure they will prevail.

I know about the xenporta but sure wish I could demo it .
You have very little to worry about.

The lawsuit is the only issue of concern and the ground for this case are basically baseless. This is why vBulletin keeps trying to drag it out as long as they can, preventing it from ever reaching trail (open court). If they had a smoking gun, they'd do what anyone else would do and go in guns blazing.

Gabby I have switched all my board over to it ..even if XF goes under I still think there software is ahead of there time and the best out there. I just hope there addon's will come up to par. Little hint there is a new social mod coming out. hehehe Not by me though

Though I don't speak on behalf of anyone, but myself, I would also point out that even if xF stopped giving updates today I'd rather have the current XenForo than any other software in the market. The current price is well worth the product you receive, and I have no doubt that it will continue to grow despite the previously mentioned concern.

Thank you "the visitors" . Both your posts were helpful. I'm really disabled and on limited income so shelling out 140 bucks is a lot for me. I just don't want to get into another Vbully situation again. Hope ya'll understand. :)

My board postings have skyrocketed since shifting from VB4.x to XF. It is fast, intuitive and addictive in nature, thus members post more and more. Server load and costs have decreased as a result of the softwares design, user registration and postings increased due to its ease of use and fast paced alert to post ratio.

My board postings have skyrocketed since shifting from VB4.x to XF. It is fast, intuitive and addictive in nature, thus members post more and more. Server load and costs have decreased as a result of the softwares design, user registration and postings increased due to its ease of use and fast paced alert to post ratio.

I agree too but i do not have the exact figures but switching from VB my user base loves it and how fast it is. Also things just make sense unlike VB

Anthony, so true. Quite honestly, XF has VB beat hands down on those very same things. XF is incredibly smooth as well as intuitive. Thank you kindly for your reply

@ Moore.. Ain't that the true... God, it took my quite a long time to go through Vbully's ACP, vs XF seemed so well... geared towards how my brains works. It doesn't hurt my brain like Vbully did.

Thank you "the visitors" . Both your posts were helpful. I'm really disabled and on limited income so shelling out 140 bucks is a lot for me. I just don't want to get into another Vbully situation again. Hope ya'll understand. :)
I can completely understand and sypathize.

You'll not be disapointed with XenForo. Socially Uncensored has used many other forum software products in the past, including vBulletin 3.x and 4.x. We currently use well over 100+ modifications at the moment and we're still using less resources than we did on either versions of vBulletin without modifications :eek: .

I have posted performance graphs around the forum based on my own shift... which are quite definitive evidence wise. Whilst shifting any forum software you will take a hit in traffic for the short-term, my graphs also showed an immediate increase in return visitors and post numbers themselves speak alone.

In 5 years using VB software I had around 200,000 posts. In one plus year with XF, since its release, I have 170,000 posts. My traffic has been quite steady for many years, it is purely the interaction difference that I have noticed the most.

Thank you for your reply Matt. :)

I would like to give a huge public shout out and THANK YOU to member mmoore5553 for stepping up to the plate and helping me a great deal behind the scenes. I will be purchasing XF!

And thank you so much to everyone. Your kindness is very much appreciated. What a refreshing change. This is how support forums should run. Seriously.

Though I don't speak on behalf of anyone, but myself, I would also point out that even if xF stopped giving updates today I'd rather have the current XenForo than any other software in the market. The current price is well worth the product you receive, and I have no doubt that it will continue to grow despite the previously mentioned concern.
Word.

Top Bottom