• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Fixed File upload 115%

Steve F

When uploading a file I have been getting this on XF.com and our site. Been happening for a while just kept forgetting to post it.

Chrome 21.0.1180.89
Win 7

upload.png

D.O.A.

I had a .jpg upload to 101% not long ago, that was a bit of a wtf moment. Was just a one time thing for me so far, and I run a forum based on image attachments (40,000+) with no mentions of it by the masses.

0xym0r0n

I assumed the extra 1% was always for good measure ;)

It doesn't really bother me or my users, so I don't bother with it. Just a little funky.
It doesn't happen all the time though.

Chris D

XenForo developer
Staff member
I get it all the time too.

Probably normally 115% or more.

Only noticed it recently so either this is thanks to a recent Flash update or Chrome update..

Everyone who gets this, all using Chrome?

Chris D

XenForo developer
Staff member
Hmm, has it been since 1.1.3? Wondering if that's the time it began - when we updated swfupload. Or does this happen in the non-flash uploader too?

0xym0r0n

To be honest sometimes I'll get it with other flash uploaders on other sites. I just notice it more on mine :)

I'm not sure if the latest version of cpanel file manager uses a flash uploader too but I've seen that go 101% and 110% before.

TrevC

In Chrome Dev and Canary here, it's consistently finishing on 101%.

I've just re-written the attachement editor templates and CSS, including a more prominent progress figure, so it looks a bit wacky :)

Brent W

Chrome does some weird **** these days. All the issues I have had with xenForo have been on Chrome.

Maybe one day Kier and Mike can work on keeping up with Chrome. Hate to have to leave xenForo.

TrevC

I'm not sure why Flash gives us different file size numbers, but fixed nonetheless.
Is this a fix for the 1.2 release, or something we can implement sooner? Is it just the .swf we can update?
(the bug has been around for a long time, a quick fix would be great).

It's pretty trivial, but still results in people asking about it.

Thanks