[fgX] Feeder Extended [Deleted]

I left vBulletin and migrated our data over to XenForo, and later realized that XF was missing this feature in the AdmnCP:
vBulletin Edit RSS Feed - Search Items for Words
Only insert items if they contain one or more of these words. Put a space or a new line between each search word.
You can create a phrase with multiple words by enclosing them in double quotes.

Feeder Extended Add-on Features:
  • Include keyword filtering. You may specify a list of comma separated keywords to get only the news you are interested in.

• Exclude keyword filtering. You may specify a list of comma separated keywords to filter out the news you are not interested in.
It certainly seems like this add-on would not only help to replace that missing vB feature, but also add a new one wherein I could Exclude articles containing some keywords our users would have no interest in. Wow, impressive! (y)

Last edited:
I left vBulletin and migrated our data over to XenForo, and later realized that XF was missing this feature in the AdmnCP:

Feeder Extended Add-on Features:
  • Include keyword filtering. You may specify a list of comma separated keywords to get only the news you are interested in.

• Exclude keyword filtering. You may specify a list of comma separated keywords to filter out the news you are not interested in.
It certainly seems like this add-on would not only help to replace that missing vB feature, but also add a new one wherein I could Exclude articles containing some keywords our users would have no interest in. Wow, impressive! (y)

Thanks @adwade, I'm glad you like the keyword filtering features. Actually it works for phrases as well because I don't separate individual words with a space sign (like vBulletin seems to do) but with a comma sign. Thats is, you can also specify something like "good weather, sunny day" if you wish ;)

Add-on working well .. happy user :)
I'm not a coder and bit of a noob re: Regex and wondered if it has the capability for filtering a date in the RSS file.
This RSS feed http://www.ukcalendars.com/cgi-bin/cal.pl?CalendarName=All_Calendars_One_Off_Events&Op=RSS contains a record <dc:date>2016-2-12</dc:date> i.e. 2016 Feb 12 and entries with other values.
I would like to filter entries based on a test compared to 'Today' or 'Today+n' e.g. filter out just today or just tomorrow.
Does anyone know whether there is a Regex statement that can do this or any other suggested way?
I know Yahoo Pipes had something but cannot find another RSS filter mechanism that does the same.
Many thanks
JohnH

Add-on working well .. happy user :)
I'm not a coder and bit of a noob re: Regex and wondered if it has the capability for filtering a date in the RSS file.
This RSS feed http://www.ukcalendars.com/cgi-bin/cal.pl?CalendarName=All_Calendars_One_Off_Events&Op=RSS contains a record <dc:date>2016-2-12</dc:date> i.e. 2016 Feb 12 and entries with other values.
I would like to filter entries based on a test compared to 'Today' or 'Today+n' e.g. filter out just today or just tomorrow.
Does anyone know whether there is a Regex statement that can do this or any other suggested way?
I know Yahoo Pipes had something but cannot find another RSS filter mechanism that does the same.
Many thanks
JohnH

It's not possible to do that from the add-on itself without altering the search pattern every day. Maybe You can ask UK Calendars to add an option in the URL for the RSS to specify number of days (eg &days=3) in the URL for the RSS Feed. That would be the best way to go. Maybe they've already implemented that but I couldn't figure it out. Please let me know what You think.

Edit reason: removed e-mail

Last edited:
It's not possible to do that from the add-on itself without altering the search pattern every day. Maybe You can ask UK Calendars to add an option in the URL for the RSS to specify number of days (eg &days=3) in the URL for the RSS Feed. That would be the best way to go. Maybe they've already implemented that but I couldn't figure it out. Please let me know what You think.
Thanks for reply Farang and idea. UK Calendars is my domain and uses packaged calendar software called Calcium from www.brownbearsw.com written in Perl. Went looking around and managed to find the RSS.pm output module which had this line:
Code:
$days_in_advance ||= 30;       # how many days in advance to get events for
tried amending to 1 then 0, checking results and 0 just output 'today' which works for me. :)

Hello,

Got an error msg with XF1.5:

ErrorException: Fatal Error: syntax error, unexpected '[' - library/fgX/FeederExtended/Utils.php:15

Hello,

Got an error msg with XF1.5:

ErrorException: Fatal Error: syntax error, unexpected '[' - library/fgX/FeederExtended/Utils.php:15

Hello @europetw, I will need more information from you to help you.

When does this happen? -Did it happen after that you changed options on a specific feed? If so, what options did you specify?

Does it happen after that you specify "Feed item replacement patterns and replacements"? If so, what did you enter?

If it happened before you specified any options at all, please try to upload the add-on to your server again. The file may be corrupt due to a problem with your upload... The file size of FORUMROOT/library/fgX/FeederExtended/Utils.php should be 5202 byte on your server. Please let me know and I will help you out.

Hello,

It happened when a feed had content to be imported. While I clicked to import from a feed but there's no content of it. There's no message. So, basically it totally prevented the feeder from working normally.

No options were needed to be changed to produce this error, and the size of Utils.php is correct.

But I just noticed that all the names of feeds contain Chinese characters except for one. Is it possibly the issue? Or the urls contain Chinese characters might cause the issue?

Last edited:
Hello,

It happened when a feed had content to be imported. While I clicked to import from a feed but there's no content of it. There's no message. So, basically it totally prevented the feeder from working normally.

No options were needed to be changed to produce this error, and the size of Utils.php is correct.

But I just noticed that all the names of feeds contain Chinese characters except for one. Is it possibly the issue? Or the urls contain Chinese characters might cause the issue?

OK thanks. I will try to reproduce the problem here. I will reply to your private message. ;)

Hello @farang,

I think the issue is fixed now. Thank your very much for going through the trouble shooting process with nearly 30 messages exchanged in these few days. It's unbelievable!

Hello I would want to know if during the import of the flow it exports well all the flow and does not limit him(it) in number of character because we shall wish to recover integrated(joined) him(it) to liter of the threads that the function(office) of origin of Xenforo does not show in Screenshot: http://prntscr.com/gohmw7

Top Bottom