Few Queries Before I Buy

drpnnreddy

Dear People,

I was running the open sourced phpBB platform for our Discussions. Unfortunately some spam was attacked and lost the access and data too.

Now I would like to switch to the paid platforms and short listed to XenForo.

I would like to clarify few issues before I go for it.

1. What are the server/system requirements?

2. Can I register a new URL and upload this software to it?

3. Is it user friendly to manage?

4. How about spam prevention?

5. Can we take a data backup frequently?

Brogan is famous for lightning fast and accurate support.
The other moderators are also excelllent, and there are lots of us ordinary members who help each other with things as well.
This is quite simply the best community for support I know.

Check out the Resources tab at the top for addons - all kinds of extras.
The Resources Manager itself can be bought from XF and used to handle downloads, information pages etc.

I’m new here and not only is Brogan fast and to the point but everyone else is very helpful. Everything I’ve asked has been very quickly solved and in a friendly manner.

Ya. Thank You.

One more doubt.

I am a Dentist from India. I have some idea about all these servers and installations etc.

I want to make a new domain for my purchase.

What would be your suggestion regarding buying the Installation support from XenForo.

My web maintenance people are charging a lot for this installation set up process.

Also I need the advice regarding the server host, amount of space required and other software purchase like SQL and PHP.

I can't comment on hosting and fees, that varies by provider, service and country.

The installation service is straightforward installation and nothing else.
If you can follow simple instructions and know how to use FTP and cPanel you should be able to do it yourself.

Ya. Thank You.

One more doubt.

I am a Dentist from India. I have some idea about all these servers and installations etc.

I want to make a new domain for my purchase.

What would be your suggestion regarding buying the Installation support from XenForo.

My web maintenance people are charging a lot for this installation set up process.

Also I need the advice regarding the server host, amount of space required and other software purchase like SQL and PHP.

There are also other individuals here who are willing and eager to help new individuals like yourself. I, myself, can easily setup a fresh install in only a few minutes time. And upon your purchase, if you feel you would like someone to help you, please send me a PM and I'll get you going right away.

Top Bottom