1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feedback For Xarchology.com

Discussion in 'Forum Showcase and Critiques' started by Xarcell, Jun 3, 2012.

Do You Like Skin Of Xarchology.com?

1. Yes!

6 vote(s)
  2. I dunno, I have mixed feelings...

5 vote(s)
  3. Nope!

2 vote(s)
  1. Xarcell

Xarcell Well-Known Member

Here is my xF installation. I'm a little iffy on it as I am starting to lean towards Vanilla. I actually stopped working on it until I can decide what to do. I really hate xF's editor which seems to prevent me from making nice articles.

I'm looking for feedback with everything except maybe content. I know the content is a little lacking, but I haven't had time to work on it much the past 2 weeks because I'm writing a book.

Please let me know what you think. Thanks.

2. MagnusB

MagnusB Well-Known Member

You should do something with your node list, for example the category description text needs a different font color, I can barely read it. I am also not sure if I like the background for the categories, but that is more of a personal taste, it goes well with the overall theme. Additionally, the RSS icons looks a bit off, I am not sure if this is intentional though.

I really like the latest topic backgrounds though (in the nodelist)
    Xarcell likes this.
  3. Xarcell

The rss icon was intentional. Thanks for the feedback.
  4. Naatan

Naatan Well-Known Member

It looks ok, I'm not a big fan of the gradient used on categories, the description is hardly readable and overall it just comes across a bit "been there, done that" and "cheap". Putting that aside though, I really like what you've done with the forum index (the topics / comments bit).

You might want to fix your background image by the way, on a resolution of 1920 wide the image is simply cut off at both ends.

When entering a forum the page just loads indefinitely for me so I wasn't able to check much else.
    Xarcell likes this.
  5. Roach

Roach Active Member

I like the skin. However, the navigation and the footer need some work and content. Apart from that, I love the skin. Good luck :)
    Xarcell likes this.
  6. LPH

LPH Well-Known Member

Screen Shot 2012-06-03 at 11.48.35 AM.png

Can you get rid of the bottom space issue when only a single post is showing - or a short page? I'm not sure how but it is always striking (in a negative way) when I see this on forums.
    Xarcell likes this.
  7. steven s

steven s Well-Known Member

Xarcell likes this.
  8. Xarcell

It shouldn't look like that. What browser are you using and what resolution?
  9. Xarcell

10. steven s

steven s Well-Known Member

Firefox 12 isn't modern anymore? :)
  11. Forsaken

Forsaken Well-Known Member

The issue is you're using body, if you use HTML instead it should fix the issue (Talking about the style properties)..
    Xarcell likes this.
  12. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

The heck browser is that guy using? I didn't see that when I went to your site.

Nice site btw. Did you purposely delay the navtabs highlight? Pretty cool. I caught myself playing with it.
    Xarcell likes this.
  13. Xarcell

I'm just not seeing it. I will tinker with it and see if I can figure out what's causing the space. I will try forsaken's suggestion.
  14. Xarcell

Yes, it was intentional.
    8thos likes this.
  15. TheJoker

TheJoker Member

Overall, I think you have a great theme.

I do have some concerns though.

Right here: [​IMG]

There's way too much space in my opinion. Just makes for more scrolling and an unorganized layout.

And then the giant blue box at the bottom of the page: [​IMG]

Other than that, looks great!
    Xarcell likes this.
  16. Xarcell

I kinda like it that way though. I like having the breadcrumb at the top & bottom surrounding the content, so hat meant I had to separate the header(menu) & footer like that. As far as that blue space, I'm gonna put links and stuff in it. Just haven't gotten around to doing it, because I have another theme idea I may put to use.
  17. LPH

LPH Well-Known Member

FF 12 on iMac.
  18. Gabby

Gabby Well-Known Member

Looks great to me! Great.
    Xarcell likes this.
  19. tafreehm

tafreehm Well-Known Member

An unexpected database error occurred. Please try again later.
    Xarcell and Digital Doctor like this.
  20. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

Xarcell likes this.