• Yes!

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • I dunno, I have mixed feelings...

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Nope!

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters

Xarcell

Here is my xF installation. I'm a little iffy on it as I am starting to lean towards Vanilla. I actually stopped working on it until I can decide what to do. I really hate xF's editor which seems to prevent me from making nice articles.

I'm looking for feedback with everything except maybe content. I know the content is a little lacking, but I haven't had time to work on it much the past 2 weeks because I'm writing a book.

Please let me know what you think. Thanks.

http://xarchology.com

You should do something with your node list, for example the category description text needs a different font color, I can barely read it. I am also not sure if I like the background for the categories, but that is more of a personal taste, it goes well with the overall theme. Additionally, the RSS icons looks a bit off, I am not sure if this is intentional though.

I really like the latest topic backgrounds though (in the nodelist)

You should do something with your node list, for example the category description text needs a different font color, I can barely read it. I am also not sure if I like the background for the categories, but that is more of a personal taste, it goes well with the overall theme. Additionally, the RSS icons looks a bit off, I am not sure if this is intentional though.

I really like the latest topic backgrounds though (in the nodelist)

The rss icon was intentional. Thanks for the feedback.

It looks ok, I'm not a big fan of the gradient used on categories, the description is hardly readable and overall it just comes across a bit "been there, done that" and "cheap". Putting that aside though, I really like what you've done with the forum index (the topics / comments bit).

You might want to fix your background image by the way, on a resolution of 1920 wide the image is simply cut off at both ends.

When entering a forum the page just loads indefinitely for me so I wasn't able to check much else.

I like the skin. However, the navigation and the footer need some work and content. Apart from that, I love the skin. Good luck :)

Screen Shot 2012-06-03 at 11.48.35 AM.webp

Can you get rid of the bottom space issue when only a single post is showing - or a short page? I'm not sure how but it is always striking (in a negative way) when I see this on forums.

The heck browser is that guy using? I didn't see that when I went to your site.

Nice site btw. Did you purposely delay the navtabs highlight? Pretty cool. I caught myself playing with it.

Overall, I think you have a great theme.

I do have some concerns though.

Right here:
8bIos3.png

There's way too much space in my opinion. Just makes for more scrolling and an unorganized layout.

And then the giant blue box at the bottom of the page:
y1KKkW.png

Other than that, looks great!

Overall, I think you have a great theme.

I do have some concerns though.

Right here:
8bIos3.png

There's way too much space in my opinion. Just makes for more scrolling and an unorganized layout.

And then the giant blue box at the bottom of the page:
y1KKkW.png

Other than that, looks great!

I kinda like it that way though. I like having the breadcrumb at the top & bottom surrounding the content, so hat meant I had to separate the header(menu) & footer like that. As far as that blue space, I'm gonna put links and stuff in it. Just haven't gotten around to doing it, because I have another theme idea I may put to use.

Top Bottom