1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feed new threads to twitter

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Bellinis, May 23, 2013.

1. Bellinis

Bellinis Active Member

I'd like to be able to send new created threads to twitter. (just the title)
    I know I could use the RSS feed, but this sends ALL posts, not just the new threads.

Any idea how I can accomplish this? I've looked for an add-on, but no luck.

Thanks!

2. Sheratan

Sheratan Well-Known Member

3. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

You have great taste in add-ons, Sheratan ;)

Just a valid point to make: Social Connect can post the threads you create to Twitter and/or Facebook to your own Twitter and/or Facebook account. If you wanted it to post the threads your members create to your site's Twitter and Facebook, then my add-on doesn't do that.

4. Bellinis

Bellinis Active Member

Ah, so then Social Connect won't work for me. :(
    I would like an automated system that would tweet ALL new created threads, not just the ones I create.

5. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

Gotcha.

There's another add-on but I'm reluctant to point it out to you because the developer has gone AWOL.

Personally, I'm considering a re-write of my Social Connect add-on to incorporate this functionality but I have no idea when that will be.

6. Case

Case Active Member

You can use Google's Feedburner to publish new posts from a particular forum to twitter. Just add the forum feed then use the publicize option. I guess you could set this up for each forum you want to tweet new posts from.

smimosmile likes this.
  7. Bellinis

Bellinis Active Member

Thanks guys. :)
    @Case: But when using Feedburner it would tweet each post, right? Not each new thread.

8. Case

Case Active Member

No, I use the RSS feed for the forum and it only contains new threads, not posts.

9. eagle eyes

eagle eyes Active Member

Mine contains old threads also, how to fix it so it does by new threads and not new posts.