1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Add-on Favorites 2.0

Discussion in 'Resource and Add-on Discussions' started by Sheldon, Oct 5, 2013.

1. Sheldon

Sheldon Well-Known Member

Been tinkering with the add-on I had created... wanted to get opinions on it.

Right now, you make your choices when you register:
    Or if you have already registered, from the "preferences":

Now, the display areas are in a few different areas, still deciding on which areas I want to keep them, or possibly have an "On/Off" switch to allow them to be displayed.

Member Card:

User Visitor Panel:

Navigation Drop-Down:

Member Profile Page:

Only the Postbit and Member Profile Page images change opacity when hovering. The rest are normal images.

I finally got it to display as it should even when one was left blank, so that was an issue I corrected.

What else could be added to this? Or what would you prefer to see changed if you used this? It seems it could easily be modified to support just about any type of "favorite" as well...
    oman, DRE, Daniel Hood and 2 others like this.
  2. yavuz

yavuz Well-Known Member

Besides the "favorites" images looking awesome, I really like how you arranged the items there, looks really good. Have you share it with the community or is that special for your site?
  3. Sheldon

Are you referring to this section:

That was just me playing around. Seeing how else it could be lined up. Nothing is ever special for any site, as we all know everything is taken and used, reused, changed, etc. I don't mind sharing with you via PM.
    Daniel Hood and yavuz like this.
  4. yavuz

yavuz Well-Known Member

Yeah, I was referring with that area. Very well done. I would love to use that on my site if you share it. :love:
  5. Sheldon

Give me a bit to write up how I did it. A lot will depend on the modifications you have installed as well. But it should at least get you started.
    yavuz likes this.
  6. Lisa

Lisa Well-Known Member

Looks great, Sheldon - you have an eye for what matches and suits. Love seeing the tweaks you make.
    Daniel Hood, yavuz and Sheldon like this.
  7. The Forum Heroes

The Forum Heroes Well-Known Member

As @Bob B said yesterday on xF Driveby.. You need to open Pimp My xF.

This on your site to download?
    Daniel Hood likes this.
  8. Sheldon

Not at the moment, no.
    The Forum Heroes likes this.
  9. The Forum Heroes

The Forum Heroes Well-Known Member

Hope to see it there soon.
  10. Alfa1

Alfa1 Well-Known Member

Have you considered to set up social groups corresponding to those favorites and automatically inviting the users to the groups of their interest?
  11. Daniel Hood

Daniel Hood Well-Known Member

That's an interesting idea.
  12. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

I spent three days trying to stick fontawesome social networking icons in my member card after seeing sheldon's Favorite's modification.

Mission Failed.
    Daniel Hood likes this.
  13. oman

oman Well-Known Member

Great modifications @Sheldon. I also loved how you've adjusted that post bit.
  14. Sheldon

DRE likes this.
  15. Sheldon

This is the most I can get without changing the size of the icons.

Shelley and DRE like this.
  16. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

17. Sheldon

18. Sheldon

The FontAwesome Social Style modification has been posted as a Template Modification.
    DRE likes this.
  19. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

DUUUUDDEEE @ mail and alerts icon being an icon and not a phrase!!!! :eek:
  20. Sheldon

I have that posted as a resource as well.