Fatcow sucks! Moved to a new better host.

Hands-on is always best, and I would ask that question when host shopping; "Do you physically manage your own servers?" If they don't, they are not a host, they are a middleman.
I am specifically thinking about the scenario where there is one NOC, but multiple data centers. Generally speaking each hosting company has 1 central location for the tech people where the primary center is, but may need to rely on hired lower level people at the other data centers.

Sorry for the late reply Rob, my net connection at home since my move has been less that desirable.

No, I don't get a bonus for referral, although they do have a program in place for it, I am not a part of it. It's geared more towards the designer that is selling sites and services. Thanks though!

I know you'll be very pleased by them if you choose them.. get in before Easter, as they always have an Easter egg hunt each year for their customers.. Money prizes as credits against your account. :)

Jamie

I have been with them now for about 2 months I guess. Very pleased! Thank you for the recommendation.

I got to say, everyone is great in the beginning. Even the sucky ones. :)
Looking at hawkhost's homepage, it looks like they oversell too.
I don't know how they can sell hosting that cheap.
Good luck. Be sure to backup often.

Totally agree. Don't feed the too cheap host.

Try stablehost
Why is that, because of your 2 word recommendation which doesn't add much to the discussion (n)

Anyways just an update guys, its been 5 months since I moved from FatCow to Hawkhost, I've had no problem whatsoever with them. My forum loads fast as usual, and the funny thing is when I was on Fatcow thats when I just started AdminBB, it wasn't receiving any traffic or using barely any resources as it was a new forum and it was still slow.. so that tells you how much of a crappy host fatcow really is.

Hope everyone is doing fine with their hosts like me (y)

Top Bottom