1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fatcow sucks! Moved to a new better host.

Discussion in 'Server Configuration and Hosting' started by Kaiser, Dec 5, 2010.

1. Kaiser

Kaiser Well-Known Member

Moved my forum AdminBB to HawkHost after an unpleasant experience with Fatcow. Their support is horrible and they oversell way too much. Looking forward to having a great experience with Hawkhost, I personally know alot of people that use it and have nothing bad to say about it.

2. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

I've been with hawkhost for quite some time and have been extremely happy :)

3. Kaiser

Kaiser Well-Known Member

Yea they are great so far.

4. steven s

steven s Well-Known Member

I got to say, everyone is great in the beginning. Even the sucky ones. :)
    Looking at hawkhost's homepage, it looks like they oversell too.
    I don't know how they can sell hosting that cheap.
    Good luck. Be sure to backup often.

Markos likes this.
  5. Kaiser

Kaiser Well-Known Member

They dont oversell alot of great forums are hosted by them such as forumpromotion.net

6. steven s

Good luck. It just seems that they offer large amounts of data transfer and diskspace for very little money.
    Did you get a VPS or a regular web host account?

7. Luke F

Luke F Well-Known Member

8. Netsultants

Netsultants Active Member

I'm having issues with hostgator and I'm surprised. They've always been responsive in the past. So I'm looking around.

9. Kaiser

Kaiser Well-Known Member

10. Jamie

Jamie Well-Known Member

Good luck with your new host.. it's been my experience that anyone offering 'unlimited' in most of their options aren't a very wise host.. they may skate by, but when they fail it's never a 'good' time..

I have been with the same host since I first went online back in 1998, they don't over sell like this host does and they have never given me anything but great service.

Again, good luck.

Jamie

11. iTuN3r

iTuN3r Well-Known Member

Shared Hosting Saying "Unlimited" in everything is just a lie they will force you to move out asap server load starts increasing .

12. Kaiser

Kaiser Well-Known Member

Hawkhost dosent oversell, fatcow does, hawkhost gives unlimited emails and domains not bandwith and diskspace. Fatcow gives unlimited "everything" but in reality they dont give nothing... they suck thats why I moved.

13. Jamie

Jamie Well-Known Member

Oh, I understand that, that is why i would never go with them.. I want them to be honest enough to me to tell me what my fees truly includes.

To each their own I suppose...

Jamie

14. Anthony Parsons

Anthony Parsons Well-Known Member

Geez... I wish for the good old days of $100 per annum for hosting again.

Jamie likes this.
  15. steven s

Even though allowable bandwidth and diskspace is very high, not unlimited, I think most hosts figure people will never use that much transfer and diskspace.
    It looks good on paper.
    The real test is how many people are sharing the server. That is where the overselling is done.
    I forgot the website that shows who else in sharing the same ip address.

16. steven s

I'm that much a month. :)

17. Anthony Parsons

Anthony Parsons Well-Known Member

Yer... mine is around several thousand per annum... though I still remember when I started out on shared hosting for under $100 a year. That was so nice then...

18. Elizabeth

Elizabeth Well-Known Member

I long ago read 10 rules of web hosting that made real sense and I have abided by them to this day. 10 Tips On Choosing The 'Right' Web Hosting Company. I've NEVER paid any host more than month to month. Yes, it does cost a bit more sometimes, but I am never locked into a contract longer than 30 days. Rule #10a, offshoot of Rule #10. ALWAYS google your potential web host.

19. Elizabeth

Elizabeth Well-Known Member

20. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

Some reviews! I actually can't vouch for the support because I have yet to run into a problem that I've needed them. They have a great deal on WHT which I hopped in for a year, but it was rather cheap, it'll go up once the years over.

My Hawkhost.com review
    Hawk Host Review
    Hawkhost Signup Review
    HawkHost Review
    HawkHost - brief review
    HawkHost.com review
    Review: Hawk host
    Early HawkHost Review
    HawkHost review
    Hawk Host Review: Sign up day

On top of those old ones, they're constantly getting new reviews :)