Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded when installing new language

martin-lt

Hi there, i'm trying to install Russian language pack to my forum and getting this error: "Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/clubbery/public_html/forum/library/Zend/Db/Statement.php on line 167". How to fix it?

No, Beta 1.

You should upgrade to see if that fixes this.

30 seconds seems like a long time to install a language pack. This might be a xenForo problem. But you can try addressing the 30 second timeout as well by asking your host to increase PHP's max_execution_time.

You can also try changing the max_execution_time yourself. These methods don't always work, but try adding this to your library/config.php file:

Code:
 ini_set('max_execution_time', 120);

Or add this to a .htaccess file on your server (only works on Apache servers):

Code:
 php_value max_execution_time 120

You should upgrade to see if that fixes this.

30 seconds seems like a long time to install a language pack. This might be a xenForo problem. But you can try addressing the 30 second timeout as well by asking your host to increase PHP's max_execution_time.

You can also try changing the max_execution_time yourself. These methods don't always work, but try adding this to your library/config.php file:

Code:
 ini_set('max_execution_time', 120);

Or add this to a .htaccess file on your server (only works on Apache servers):

Code:
 php_value max_execution_time 120
Tried to add your string to .htaccess, now i get this:
content

and it never ends.

I can't upgrade to beta 2 because Russian language pack is still for Beta 1 only.

Ok, i installed Beta 2 and now have similar error - Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/clubbery/public_html/forum/library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php on line 255. What should i do now?

Top Bottom