1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded when installing new language

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by martin-lt, Oct 25, 2010.

1. martin-lt

martin-lt New Member

Hi there, i'm trying to install Russian language pack to my forum and getting this error: "Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/clubbery/public_html/forum/library/Zend/Db/Statement.php on line 167". How to fix it?
  2. Diablotic

Diablotic Active Member

are you using Beta 2?
  3. martin-lt

martin-lt New Member

No, Beta 1.
  4. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

You should upgrade to see if that fixes this.

30 seconds seems like a long time to install a language pack. This might be a xenForo problem. But you can try addressing the 30 second timeout as well by asking your host to increase PHP's max_execution_time.

You can also try changing the max_execution_time yourself. These methods don't always work, but try adding this to your library/config.php file:

ini_set('max_execution_time', 120);
    Or add this to a .htaccess file on your server (only works on Apache servers):

php_value max_execution_time 120
    Blandt likes this.
  5. martin-lt

martin-lt New Member

Tried to add your string to .htaccess, now i get this: [​IMG]
    and it never ends.

I can't upgrade to beta 2 because Russian language pack is still for Beta 1 only.
  6. Diablotic

Diablotic Active Member

Upgrade to beta 2, it was a known bug/problem in beta 1.

Russian language pack will work with beta 2 as well, don't worry
  7. martin-lt

martin-lt New Member

Damn, after that "rebuilding caches" error forum doesn't work at all. No errors, no anything, just white page..
  8. martin-lt

martin-lt New Member

Ok, i installed Beta 2 and now have similar error - Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/clubbery/public_html/forum/library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php on line 255. What should i do now?