XF 1.3 Fatal error: Class 'XenForo_Helper_Ip' not found in /path/to/library/XenForo/Sessio

TheBigK

Performing an upgrade from 1.2.5 to 1.3. Follow this process:-

1. Turned board off
2. Disabled all addons
3. Started FTP (FileZilla) and started overwriting files
4. Refreshed the browser page on www.crazyengineers.com
5. Got following 'fatal error' :-

Fatal error: Class 'XenForo_Helper_Ip' not found in /path/to/library/XenForo/Session.php on line 406

File uploading is still in progress but have never encounterd any errors in all of previous upgrades that I performed. What's going on?

Performing an upgrade from 1.2.5 to 1.3. Follow this process:-

1. Turned board off
2. Disabled all addons
3. Started FTP (FileZilla) and started overwriting files
4. Refreshed the browser page on www.crazyengineers.com
5. Got following 'fatal error' :-

Fatal error: Class 'XenForo_Helper_Ip' not found in /path/to/library/XenForo/Session.php on line 406

File uploading is still in progress but have never encounterd any errors in all of previous upgrades that I performed. What's going on?

You haven't uploaded all the files :confused:

You haven't uploaded all the files :confused:
Correct, it's still in progress. However, XenForo typically shows message 'The board is being upgraded'; which looks good. Got an error for the first time and wanted to know if I really messed up anything.

Will report as soon as file uploading is done.

Update:

Alrighty, the upgrade was successful. After I uploaded all the files, the installer suggested that I should use Command Line installer. I had not tried it before but decided to give it a go (maybe I just put too much of faith in KAM). The installer worked like butter and the site's now back.

A small suggestion:
Do not upload the files one by one.
The best is zip the contents of upload folder then upload the archive then extract it on the server, that way you have a very less downtime, and you will not notice any error (y)

> Download XenForo on Costumers Area
> Extract on your Desktop
> Navigate into the "Upload" folder
> Zip/Archive all files
> Upload the zip file to your xenforo Root Directory
> On Ssh terminal run this command "unzip upload.zip"
> press "A" to replace all files
> Perform the upgrade either web or cli based.

Top Bottom