1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.3 Fatal error: Class 'XenForo_Helper_Ip' not found in /path/to/library/XenForo/Sessio

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by TheBigK, Mar 13, 2014.

1. TheBigK

TheBigK Well-Known Member

Performing an upgrade from 1.2.5 to 1.3. Follow this process:-

1. Turned board off
    2. Disabled all addons
    3. Started FTP (FileZilla) and started overwriting files
    4. Refreshed the browser page on www.crazyengineers.com
    5. Got following 'fatal error' :-

Fatal error: Class 'XenForo_Helper_Ip' not found in /path/to/library/XenForo/Session.php on line 406

File uploading is still in progress but have never encounterd any errors in all of previous upgrades that I performed. What's going on?

2. BamaStangGuy

BamaStangGuy Well-Known Member

You haven't uploaded all the files :confused:

3. TheBigK

Correct, it's still in progress. However, XenForo typically shows message 'The board is being upgraded'; which looks good. Got an error for the first time and wanted to know if I really messed up anything.

Will report as soon as file uploading is done.

4. TheBigK

Update:

Alrighty, the upgrade was successful. After I uploaded all the files, the installer suggested that I should use Command Line installer. I had not tried it before but decided to give it a go (maybe I just put too much of faith in KAM). The installer worked like butter and the site's now back.

5. RoldanLT

RoldanLT Well-Known Member

A small suggestion:
    Do not upload the files one by one.
    The best is zip the contents of upload folder then upload the archive then extract it on the server, that way you have a very less downtime, and you will not notice any error (y)

6. TheBigK

@RoldanLT - After uploading all the files; I just need to issue 'gunzip <name>' and the system will copy all the files; right? Is there anything I need to keep in mind?

7. RoldanLT

RoldanLT Well-Known Member

> Download XenForo on Costumers Area
    > Extract on your Desktop
    > Navigate into the "Upload" folder
    > Zip/Archive all files
    > Upload the zip file to your xenforo Root Directory
    > On Ssh terminal run this command "unzip upload.zip"
    > press "A" to replace all files
    > Perform the upgrade either web or cli based.

TheBigK likes this.