• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Forum down - Fatal error: Class 'XenForo_ViewPublic_Base' not found

Marco Famà

hi guys!
Sorry to bother but I have just got my site and forum migrated by mediatemple from a shared hosting (GRID) to a Managed VPS solution.

Although the site is working properly, I am receiving the following when pointing to the Time Lapse Network forum:

Fatal error: Class 'XenForo_ViewPublic_Base' not found in /home/marcofama/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/ViewPublic/Forum/List.php on line 9

The ACP is accessible, the board active..., and when browsing the error logs this is what I see:

Error Info
ErrorException: Fatal Error: Class 'XenForo_ViewPublic_Base' not found -library/XenForo/ViewPublic/Forum/List.php:9
Generated By: marcofama, 3 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(34) "http://timelapsenetwork.com/forum/"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}
Can you please help me? I need my board active :-/

thank you
Marco

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
I have moved this from bugs to troubleshooting.

You have at least one file missing (\library\XenForo\ViewPublic\Base.php) - presumably due to an incomplete backup or restore.

You may want to copy the files again to ensure all of them are present.

Marco Famà

hi Brogan,
thanks for the superfast reply.

Would that be a stupid idea to download the WHOLE xenForo package 1.5.5a from your site (not the upgrade package only), and replace all files? would I lose anything from user generated contents / impact the database structure?

Just wanted 100% safe you know :)

thanks

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
You can use the files from the upgrade package for the same version of XF you are running.

That will only be XF files though, any add-on related files would need to be copied from the original server or uploaded separately, if any of those are missing.

Marco Famà

you solved it quickly and gently as always. Thanks Brogan, my forum is up and running again.

Now I'll need to deal with their professional service I hired and paid for... which is quite disappointing...