FamilyGuyFans.com

Sheldon

Deciding it was time to branch out a bit, I have settled on my newest venture. (y)

www.familyguyfans.com

Just started very very recently, so don't be too harsh. So far have added XenPorta, XenMedio, and XenQuotation as the main features of the site. I haven't decided on the actual look (theme) of the site yet, although I must say I like the look that is started there so far. I obviously can change my mind, but to start, I will likely stick with this for a bit....

The header image is just a quick throw-together, just to have something there instead of the "default" image.

I had to settle with @TheFuzzyClam (feel free to follow :whistle:) for my Twitter feed on this site, and my Facebook page isn't nearly complete. G+ I am sure I will have eventually...

If any of you happen to be Family Guy fans, feel free to sign up. I still have quite a few plans for this, and feel very good about it. I have searched, and almost positive it is the only Family Guy forum on XenForo :).

Opinions, thoughts, ideas?

Good luck with the site.

Is there a reason for xenporta? I might be the only one, but I find it distracting if the site is a forum.
I feel people are too quick to add mods without a reason. Just saying.

Probably be nice to eventually add different icons for each forum.
Can't read the text in the footer.
I'd change the sign in from red to match the rest of the forum. But that's just me.

Is there any concern about copyright and trademark infringements?

Good luck with the site.

Is there a reason for xenporta? I might be the only one, but I find it distracting if the site is a forum.
I feel people are too quick to add mods without a reason. Just saying.

Probably be nice to eventually add different icons for each forum.
Can't read the text in the footer.
I'd change the sign in from red to match the rest of the forum. But that's just me.

Is there any concern about copyright and trademark infringements?

Yes, I have plans to do some different things with some of his blocks. Just haven't finished it, but slowly adding. The mods I have added so far, I have added for a reason. Not sure if I will eventually use the portal, or just the framework so I can use a couple of the blocks.

Nice site, but there is a noticeable lack of content. I know that it is new but I try to get tall forums to have at least 1 post as quick as possible. It at least gives the appearance of being an active forum rather than one where there are people that have absolutely nothing to say on a particular topic(forum/category)

Nice site, but there is a noticeable lack of content. I know that it is new but I try to get tall forums to have at least 1 post as quick as possible. It at least gives the appearance of being an active forum rather than one where there are people that have absolutely nothing to say on a particular topic(forum/category)

Yeah, I know... in the process of that now.... Always the worst part about a fresh start, the content.

Yep, I think it has something to do with when I installed/uninstalled the Library Add-On.

--should be back up now. Apologies.

Added a few things, still developing. Fixed the header logo, finally got a working XenQuotation portal block :), Library issues are corrected, grabbed some styling FAQ's from bbsmiley.com, I think its coming along nicely.

Looking much better. A few suggestions....

1. Add or rather re-colour the border around the breadcrumbs to give it a little more definition.
  2. Replace blue .jumpMenuTrigger icon for something more suitable and consistent in colour that'll go with the colour theme.
  3. Style the Recent Updates container towards the footer.
  4. Brighten the text links a little in the footer (links sitting on the dark background).
  5. Re-colour the blue signup/login tab .loginBarHandle it's current blue and would look better in the dark black colour #3B3B3B.
  6. Nice improvements made, good job.

Top Bottom