1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Failed to get controller response - XenForo_ControllerPublic_Index::actionindex

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by eriche, Dec 30, 2014.

1. eriche

eriche Member

Failed to get controller response and reroute to error handler (XenForo_ControllerPublic_Index::actionindex)
    An exception occurred: Mysqli statement execute error : Prepared statement needs to be re-prepared in H:\root\home\xxx\www\yyy\library\Zend\Db\Statement\Mysqli.php on line 214
    1.Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 317
    2.Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
    3.Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 825
    4.Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchOne() in XenForo/Session.php at line 749
    5.XenForo_Session->getSessionFromSource() in XenForo/Session.php at line 443
    6.XenForo_Session->_setup() in XenForo/Session.php at line 427
    7.XenForo_Session->start() in XenForo/Session.php at line 324
    8.XenForo_Session::getPublicSession() in XenForo/Session.php at line 257
    9.XenForo_Session::startPublicSession() in XenForo/Controller.php at line 291
    10.XenForo_Controller->_setupSession() in XenForo/Controller.php at line 304
    11.XenForo_Controller->preDispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 346
    12.XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
    13.XenForo_FrontController->run() in H:/root/home/xxx/www/yyy/index.php at line 13
    I don`t know what exaclty went wrong - I only know that I can not Access the Admin Control Pannel anymore nor the Forum.

This makes me fear from the future - right now I am in the testing Phase, once live this would be a no go.

Does anybody know how to fix this?
    Is this normal, that the whole board can go down that easy?

2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

3. eriche

eriche Member

now everything is normal again :whistle:

But anyway - if also other members are reporting to have Problems like this, maybe there should be displayed a message that the board is currently down.
    Isn`t it a security whole, if the user gets this Error trace I posted :eek:

With this message, he knows the root path (H:/root/home/xxx/www/yyy/index.php).

Please tell me if it is technical not possible to supress such Output and just Show the page with a customized Error message.

4. euantor

euantor Well-Known Member

I would say so. That's a full path disclosure and if the error displays for everyone, it's a problem IMO. I assumed it would only display for admins, but if even guests can see it, there's a problem.
  5. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Back traces are only shown in debug mode or to admins in the control panel. Debug mode should never be enabled in production.
    euantor likes this.
  6. eriche

eriche Member

OK - then I am relaxed, if this is true.

I am in debug mode right now - to see how fast the pages are build.

thanks for your help!