XF 1.5 Lost connection to MySQL server during query

triforceguy1

Hello,

I have XenForo 1.5.13 installed and it was working fine earlier but all of a sudden I get this error ‘Lost connection to MySQL server during query’. Could it possibly be caused by a lot of traffic at all? It would make sense as I recently publish my MARIO Odyssey review, or is it to do with something else.

Here’s the full error:

Failed to get controller response and reroute to error handler (XenForo_ControllerPublic_Index::actionindex)
An exception occurred: Mysqli statement execute error : Lost connection to MySQL server during query in /home/[omitted]/public_html/forum/library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php on line 214

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 317
Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 574
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert() in XenForo/Model/Ip.php at line 49
XenForo_Model_Ip->logIp() in XenForo/Model/Ip.php at line 63
XenForo_Model_Ip::log() in XenForo/Session.php at line 369
XenForo_Session::getPublicSession() in XenForo/Session.php at line 257
XenForo_Session::startPublicSession() in XenForo/Controller.php at line 293
XenForo_Controller->_setupSession() in XenForo/Controller.php at line 306
XenForo_Controller->preDispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 350
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/[omitted]/public_html/forum/index.php at line 13

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Leon

It could be traffic or load based. It's really just as the error says: PHP lost it's connection to MySQL while in the act of running a query (for example, it sent the query and then couldn't read from the pipe to get a result).

If your MySQL server is separate, then it could be a networking issue.

Your site appears to be working now at least, so I'm not sure how long it lasted for or how consistent it was. The server would really need to be monitored when the issue happened.

Top Bottom