XF 1.2 Facebook recommend/share image

Live Free

Alright, so I have a few threads/announcements I'm trying to promote on social media. I already have 45 likes on the page, but one problem - the image it uses is my avatar!!

Is there a way to set a default facebook image? Does it just take the first image for a post? Is the only solution to change my avatar to our logo or something?

Thanks, I made the change, it was set as the default logo.

However, image that was showed by default when a user clicked the share button was my (thread starter) avatar, not the default xenforo avatar listed in under Header and Navigation -> Settings: Facebook Open Graph Log

Why might that be?

Also, is it possible to set a particular image for a particular page or thread?

Make sure you have specified an app ID or page admins on this page: admin.php?options/list/facebook

Normally when people share, it should give an option but it may simply be FB taking it on itself and picking the image from the options. You could take the avatar out of the open_graph_meta. (If you take all images out from that template, it FB will detect the images on the page I believe.)

I have specified an app id.

To be clear, I'm talking about when someone shares a thread directly from the social buttons in the thread, not when they post a link. Posting a link allows one to choose between options of images on the page, but simply clicking the like/recommend button in a thread gives no choice (just the avatar).

I tried sharing this thread below and it didn't show any image or avatar. How's that? I'd prefer this over an avatar or random image.

I'll look into editing the open_graph_meta

FB shows your avatar to me. When multiple images appear, they've been inconsistent with the processing order. You may just need to completely remove the avatar.

It seems to take the thread starters avatar as default, and if no other good image is in the thread, your stuck with it. I would assume that the correct way was to use the logo.og.png as default, and have the avatar as option? Sorry for hijacking the thread, but this have bothered me for quite some time. @Mike

It seems to take the thread starters avatar as default, and if no other good image is in the thread, your stuck with it. I would assume that the correct way was to use the logo.og.png as default, and have the avatar as option? Sorry for hijacking the thread, but this have bothered me for quite some time. @Mike
Yes is there no way to use the default logo instead?

Well, one of the biggest issues we're facing right now. Can someone tell me if there's any way to have the first image in the article/post to be shared with the 'Facebook Share / Like' button? Right now, all our shared posts are showing the thread starter's avatar. (n)

Well, one of the biggest issues we're facing right now. Can someone tell me if there's any way to have the first image in the article/post to be shared with the 'Facebook Share / Like' button? Right now, all our shared posts are showing the thread starter's avatar. (n)
I remember seeing an addon, which I cannot find anymore. :(

Top Bottom