XF 1.3 Facebook Recommend

Bob_R

Is the Facebook recommend supposed to only show on your board that you recommended and post nothing to Facebook?

I recommended something on my board and it shows in the thread at the bottom that I recommended but nothing on Facebook itself.

Conversely, I twetted to twitter and it immediately showed the tweet on Facebook and Twitter.

Thanks.

I don't know for which XF version it changed but, no, with the current version of XF the FB button has been redone. But it is easier now to change the FB from "Like" to "Recommend".

Try ACP => Options => Facebook Integration and then change the "Facebook Like Button Phrase" option.

By switching it to Recommend then when users click the button it'll give a pop-up box where users can enter a comment before the link to your site is posted to their FB wall.

That does not happen with the current version of XF 1.5.. recommend does nothing and still shows no where. I am assuming you must be using account linking for these things to work properly.

That does not happen with the current version of XF 1.5.. recommend does nothing and still shows no where. I am assuming you must be using account linking for these things to work properly.
I just tried on my old 1.5.15 install and you are correct, there is no pop-up anymore. By comparison I tried on my prod XF2 site and the default action of the button (well, icon now really) is to give the 'share' type pop-up (logged into FB I went straight to the share pop-up, logged out of FB it first presents me with a FB login).

If none of the XF guys chime in I'll try to get my old XF 1.5 install updated to the current version and then take another look.

@Kevin I would truly appreciate that... before I start (being a novice) playing with code. I am hesitant to upgrade why I am waiting for some of my addons and themes to be ported over...so for people like us who cannot jump to XF2 right away... having the features work now in the latest version of XF1.5 would be huge help.

Thank you so much in advance.

Top Bottom