XF 2.2 Facebook Login issue

Kirby

We recently got a notice from Facebook that on of our XenForo forums doesn't comply with Facebook rules as the login does not work.

The povided a video that shows the error message "There is no valid connected account request available. Please try again." when attempting to log in.

I was able to reproduce this issue on XenForo.com:

1. Login to Facebook
  2. Login to XenForo.com
  3. While on XenForo.com, associate the account with Facebook
  4. Logout from XenForo.com
  5. Logout from Facebook
  6. Click Login on XenForo.com
  7. Right-click on the Facebook login button and select Open in new tab
  8. Repeat step 7)
  9. Login to facebook on the first Facebook tab (created in step 7)

Now the second tab (created in step 8) shows the error:

1651838437459.webp
How can we fix this so Facebook approves the App?

I too found this. From the limited 5 mins of reading, Facebook now requires a valid user deletion link which XF doesn't have built-in. Also it asks for a test account but wasn't able to find the place where to put that.

Set up a new app and went through the hoops today. I get this when testing it. To be fair, FB is so big that even their own support people get lost and often have no idea what's going on.

Screenshot_8.webp

I kicked out the Facebook login. At a certain point they where bothering me about a user they required and password and they had already an investigation account. So they checked after some back and forth email conversation.
After that I had to make a movie and login myself via a Facebook account and film several stuff to see if I used the Facebook login app in the correct way. At that point I was already using it for 2 years and both times a FB employee checked and approved stuff and still I had to make this move.
Then I got fed up with them and threw the FB login out of the door. I'm not going to make movies for anybody, especially not if they already checked things and approved it twice.
Ah yes and a user deletion link, which I don't have and not going to install to please FB.

Maybe make some rules about these social media logins and have everyone use the same email address as they do when on facebook and twitter. Just so that they don't get kicked out by having another account.

Top Bottom