Facebook Log In integration

Gill

When I signed up here I used my Facebook account and didn't have to go through any systems that involved verifying my account. That made sense. The two accounts are integrated but I'm not sure what benefits there are at the moment ... so that's question number one!

When returning to the site having been logged out, I was unable to log in unless I did so via Facebook. My username and password wouldn't work here. Is that how this should work?

Facebook Integration gives a single login point, thus single sign-on is achieved.

This is how it's meant to work. What the admin can do is reset your password for you, so you can login.

At the moment yes, if you register via FB then that's how you have to log in unless you request a password to be sent to your email via the lost password link. It will change in the future though to make it more streamlined.

At the moment yes, if you register via FB then that's how you have to log in unless you request a password to be sent to your email via the lost password link. It will change in the future though to make it more streamlined.

The email will bounce straight off to the Facebook hidden email integration inbox. It cannot be retrieved.

Thanks Brandon. So the site is linked to my fb account and there is now public info which I can choose to share or not here. That's clear for me. What about other actions? If I click 'like' on someone's post for instance, should that appear on my fb account? Would I want it to? I don't know. I'm trying to delve into what might be the benefits now or in the future. Or alternatively what might irritate me!!!

Thanks Brandon. So the site is linked to my fb account and there is now public info which I can choose to share or not here. That's clear for me. What about other actions? If I click 'like' on someone's post for instance, should that appear on my fb account? Would I want it to? I don't know. I'm trying to delve into what might be the benefits now or in the future. Or alternatively what might irritate me!!!

The current Like system is not integrated. I assume it will be at some point in the future.

The current Like system is not integrated. I assume it will be at some point in the future.

Optional I hope.

Personally, I don't my likes to appear on Facebook every time, especially with how easy it is to do here. That would really start to lean into spam.

I do believe that there would be an option to also post it on Facebook after you've liked a post, though.

Lol, but isn't the Like system integrated right at the bottom of all the pages? *shot*

Yes, that allows you to like an entire page, and its purpose is to publish that page to Facebook - but I have no plans to tie our internal content Like system to Facebook insofar as clicking Like on a post would automatically submit a Like to Facebook.

One question...

Since, I made my own account through Facebook, my profile shows my real name and FB profile picture.

I have no issues with the profile picture. But do you have any plans to allow FB users to use a pseudonym in case they want to retain the connectivity but do not want to use their real name?

Top Bottom