Fixed  Facebook issue on members page

This is due to a recent change made by Facebook.

You can update the member_list template as follows - the code is from Mike.

Find this:
<fb:facepile width="@sidebar.width" colorscheme="@fbColorScheme"></fb:facepile>

Replace with this:
<fb:facepile width="@sidebar.width" href="{$requestPaths.host}" colorscheme="@fbColorScheme"></fb:facepile>

in account_facebook /
Code:
<dd><fb:facepile width="{xen:calc '@formWidth - @ctrlUnitLabelWidth'}" href="{$requestPaths.host}" colorscheme="@fbColorScheme"></fb:facepile></dd>
did not fix it or I did it wrong

I made the adjustment and the facebook block simply disappeared from my Member's page. Was that the intended result? Or can we get the fb block back?

I have many friends who have liked my site. They appear in the fb module on the portal page. Are you saying they need to like that particular page of the site? If so what I am not clear on is...when I visit the XF members page I see a message in that area saying "100 people like this." but I do not see any icon I can press so that I actually can like that page.

maybe all the facebook jazz should be kept in separate templates.
the way things are, every time fb changes something i will have to revert templates, whether i manually patch them or not, just to avoid the 'outdated template' warning.

the way things are, every time fb changes something i will have to revert templates, whether i manually patch them or not, just to avoid the 'outdated template' warning.
If you haven't edited the templates then there will be no need to revert as they will be automatically updated when you upgrade.

You only have to revert templates which you have edited and which change between releases.

I've struggled with this bug for about 90 minutes and I can't see what I am missing. When I restore the original code in members_list what I see is:
FacebookRegisteredMembers2.webp

When I add href="{$requestPaths.host}" at the appropriate place, I just see an empty space instead of the fb icon. I am using FF browser but I also tried from a different pc using IE and not logged into fb. Same result. When I view your site (ClipTheApex) it seems to work fine.

Code:
<xen:if is="{$xenOptions.facebookAppId} AND {$xenOptions.facebookFacepile}">
        <xen:container var="$facebookSdk">1</xen:container>
        <!-- Changed by Ryan as per XF to resolve facebook display issue -->
                <fb:facepile width="@sidebar.width" href="{$requestPaths.host}" colorscheme="@fbColorScheme"></fb:facepile>
    </xen:if>

The result is FacebookRegisteredMembers3.webp

The space is there for the fb icon but it doesn't appear. I confirmed the very small fb icon which should be appearing in this location is appearing correctly in the ShareThisPage area of my site.

Sorry to ask but I need a bit of help troubleshooting here.
moz-screenshot-5.png

Can you try it on a default style?

It's possible that one of your add-ons is causing the problem, although I haven't seen any other reports of this particular problem.

FacebookRegisteredMembers4.webp
Same result. When I first switched to the default template the original issue existed. I modified the code and now it's just a blank space. I don't have your newsfeed module code added here but you can see the empty space.

As far as add-ons, I have Jaxel's XenPorta and supporting Xen add-ons along with Flexile template. That's it.

I'll be happy to do the gopher work, I just need a point in the right direction. Can you tell me what templates are involved with making the fb icon appear here? I can check them all to see if I haven't inadvertently made a mistake somewhere.

Top Bottom