• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

XF 1.5 Facebook Integration - Sharing privacy problems.

CoryWM

I can't seem to search for the answer here or on google. Basically when I share a post from the forum to my facebook or a group. The privacy defaults to "me only" instead of public. I'm assuming this has to do with how the facebook integration app is created. I'm looking for documentation on how I can modify that so that it shares default being public.

Thanks.

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
As far as I'm aware, there's nothing on the website site that would be involved with this. I believe it would be down to your default share settings in Facebook.

CoryWM

Still having problems. I have changed it to public on that screen for apps.

If I manually copy and paste the link to the group it works fine. If I share it via xenforo and the "app" that is created it doesn't share correctly. Thus I need a tutorial somewhere on how to setup the app correctly as following the normal directions from the xenforo FAQ isn't getting me there.

Chris D

XenForo developer
Staff member
There are no app based settings for this. Apps should not be able to control the privacy on behalf of a user. Sharing should always configured based on the user's own preferences.

With that in mind, the only related settings I can think of are the ones posted by Mouth above.

I can reproduce the issue you are describing if the "App visibility" setting for an app is set to "Only Me". Anything I then click "Recommend/Like" on will only be visible to me. However if I set this to public, anything I then click "Recommend/Like" on is public.