XF 1.5 Facebook integration with FB brand accounts?

snoopy5

HI I use XF 1.5.24, but I guess the same question /answer is valid for XF2.1.x

I have for different community different FB brand accounts. According to the FB policy, I had first to create my own private account and with that account I then create subaccounts for each brand (=each Xenforo community).

Now I try to make this facebook integration to work. I achieved that I passed all tests and so I wanted to try it out.

I can login/register with FB on the XF forum, BUT I have no choice with which FB acount. It seem that I always have to use my main private account, not my subaccount for each brand. The settings in my private account are, that only me can view postings. I do not want to use FB as a person, I only use it to be able to create my brand accounts. So I do not need that option.

So I did this because I thought I can choose probably later the right FB brand account.

So I tried to recommend a thread with the FB icon so that it gets pubslished on a specific FB brand account.

But I end up in a loop. No window of FB, no message or error of FB. I just always return within a second to my thread.

If I do the same with twitter, it works. But for twitter I do have only separated brand accounts and no private "chief account.".

What is the reason that I can not recommend a thread/posting and publish it on FB?

In XF1 it was a different function, powered by Facebook's own "Like/Recommend" button. I'm not sure how it works these days but it works differently to the concept of sharing which we use in XF 2.1:
1567817522560.webp

The "Brand accounts" you mention likely are associated with a group of Facebook page, rather than a full account like your personal account.

So in the example above you click on the drop down and select "Share on a Page you manage" then you can choose which brand/company you want to post it to, and which to post it as.

As I signalled in another thread, we can really only recommend upgrading to XF 2.1 to ensure you're using the most up-to-date iteration of any functionality.

As I signalled in another thread, we can really only recommend upgrading to XF 2.1 to ensure you're using the most up-to-date iteration of any functionality

That is out of my hands. I will upgrade as soon as my most important addons are available also for XF2.1x. So I have to wait patiently.

Top Bottom