Facebook integration questions

StoveBolts

I'm getting ready to associate our site with our facebook page.

Can somebody tell me how it integrated into facebook?

I noticed that in the options, you had like and recommend. Does that change the "Like" option under posts to "recomend".

If somebody "likes" a post, does it get put on the facebook page? Does it get put on their page if they have their facebook account associated with the site?

How does this work with the recommend feature? Is that just for threads, or for posts too?

Soo many questions!

Thanks for your replies,

Let me step back for a moment.
I'm getting ready to create an app in facebook for our site per the resources link @Brogan just posted.
Once I get that completed, it looks like I then I have the information needed to integrate our site with facebook right?

Inside the facebook integration interface, I see like and recommend. Is this simply the text that is displayed in the facebook icon? For example, I see "recommend" on xenforo or is an either / or option? Honestly, I don't know the difference between like and recomend and how that works on facebook.

This brings me to my next question. Brogan, I'm going to like your post above. Does that get posted on facebook anywhere, or is it just a notice to you that I like your last post?

If I use the facebook icon below that says recommend, what happens if
1. If have not set up my facebook account with this forum?
2. I have set up my facebook account with this forum.?

What about the likes for individual posts?

I'm getting ready to create an app in facebook for our site per the resources link @Brogan just posted.
Once I get that completed, it looks like I then I have the information needed to integrate our site with facebook right?
Yes, that will allow people to register and login using their Facebook account.

Inside the facebook integration interface, I see like and recommend. Is this simply the text that is displayed in the facebook icon?
Yes.
It may also change the text on your Facebook wall, I haven't tested it.

This brings me to my next question. Brogan, I'm going to like your post above. Does that get posted on facebook anywhere, or is it just a notice to you that I like your last post?
Likes on content on the forum are restricted entirely to the forum.
I have Liked your post above so you can see what happens.

If I use the facebook icon below that says recommend, what happens if
Nothing.
They are unrelated.
Clicking on Like/Recommend just posts it to your Facebook wall.
Associating your Facebook account just lets you see who else has done so here: http://xenforo.com/community/members/

There is a block below the Staff Members block which lists all your Facebook friends who have done so.

What about the likes for individual posts?
Completely unrelated to Facebook.
As above, it is only related to forum content.

Top Bottom